Hammond SK1: Honey I Shrunk the B3!
Also onboard are Hammond's Vx and Farf combo organ models and an assortment of fine classical Pipe Organ voices derived from Hammond's 935 Church Organ. Rounding out the SK1's rich soundset are Acoustic and Electric Pianos, Clavs, Accordions, Vintage String Synth, Wind Instruments and Tuned Percussion. Wow.
When it comes to organ sounds, most purists insist on a genuine Hammond. The SK1 is the real deal - just several hundred pounds lighter and it'll will fit in your roadster. The Drawbar section is a complete Hammond Organ with all the functions. The voicings served up by Hammond's VASE III digital tone-wheel sound generators conjure up the spittin' image of the original.
If you're jonesing for those swirlicious vintage B3 tones, but don't have seven roadies and a semi, the Hammond SK1 is your axe.
Hammond SK1 Combo Organ Features at a Glance:
- Sound generator - organ section: 2 x VASE III digital tone-wheels, transistor organ and pipe organ; extra voice section: VASE III
- Polyphony: manual (except pipe organ): 61 notes; pedal (except pipe organ): 8 notes; maximum (on pipe organ): 63 notes; Extra Voice section: 63 notes
- Keyboard: 61-key, C1 to C6
- Drawbars: 9 pitches, assignable for upper, pedal, lower
- Effects: Vibrato and Chorus, Overdrive, Multi Effects (8 Programs), Reverb (Digital, 11 Programs)
- Equalizer: Organ: bass, mid (sweep), treble, tone; Extra Voice: bass, mid (sweep), treble
- Master eq: bass, mid gain, mid frequency, treble
- Controllers: Volumes: Master Volume, Music Volume, Extra Voice Volume; Switch: Power on/off
- Music player: File Format: WAV (44.1Khz, 16bit, stereo), MP3 (44.1Khz, 128kbps, stereo); Control: Song, play/pause
- MIDI: 9 templates; External Zones: 3 Zones, assignable to any keyboard
- Storage: USB flash drive