Back from the Past; Ready for the Future!If you were pushing the envelope of aggressive rock and metal back in the 1970s, there was one electric guitar you absolutely had to have in your collection, and that was a Gibson SG. In fact, it would have been an SG a lot like this Gibson SG Tribute '70s model. Loaded with Gibson's nasty, gritty, distortion-loving Dirty Fingers humbuckers, the SG Tribute '70s features the exact same tone you'd get from a real 1970s model. Just plug it into your favorite high-gain tube amp from whatever side of the Atlantic you feel the most comfortable with, and you'll instantly hear the characteristically aggressive tone that defines at leas one entire type of modern rock or metal.
Actually, this tone wasn't just great for the 1970s. About 20 years after Gibson had laid their Dirty Fingers pickups to rest, a new wave of pop punk and nu-metal artists brought them back from the grave, making them a popular choice for modern styles of aggressive music as well. Couple that with an extremely slender neck that lets you speed up your left-hand technique, and you're all set to push new musical boundaries of your own, with this Gibson SG Tribute '70s electric guitar.
Here's something no one would have expected, back in the '70s - Gibson's breakthrough Mini-ETune system. The Mini-ETune system gives you the freakish stability of 40:1 tuners plus the effortless tuning Gibson's "robot" tuning system has to offer. Load up one of 12 factory-preset tunings, or program in up to six of your own favorites. What's more, the Min-ETune system uses an extended-life lithium ion battery that gives you 80-100 tunings on a single charge. Lightweight body, heavyweight tone, genius tuning, and 100% classic Gibson goodness: it's the Gibson SG Tribute '70s with Mini-ETune. Get yours from GearNuts.com!
Gibson 2013 SG Tribute '70s with Mini-ETune Solidbody Electric Guitar Features at a Glance:
- A high-performance solidbody electric guitar that delivers the upfront sound and finely-tuned feel you need for classic metal and modern punk
- Mini-ETune system lets you tune automatically in seconds with the push of a button and a single strum
- Extended-life Li-ion battery lets you tune up to 100 times on a single charge
- Ultra-high-ratio 40:1 tuners provide heroic tuning stability
- Loaded with Dirty Fingers humbucking pickups to deliver uber-aggressive tone
- Slender, lightweight, and smoothly contoured mahogany body won't tax your back
- '70s slim SG mahogany neck profile provides you with the ultra-fast action you need for technical riffing and shredding
- Premium gig bag included