A Tribute to the Origin of the SG!If you can get your hands on a real 1950s Gibson SG... please return it to Gibson's private museum where it belongs. Launched in 1961, the SG went through several iterations and configurations before Gibson luthiers finalized the design. The Gibson SG Tribute '50s with Mini-ETune model attempts to capture one of the prototype renditions of this iconic electric guitar, and it adds some cool new hardware as well. Loaded with P-90 Soapbar single-coil pickups, this slightly more aggressive-sounding guitar was designed to appeal to a younger generation of guitarists who pushed the sound of rock music in a whole new direction. At the same time, the SG Tribute '50s guitar features a period-correct '50s rounded neck profile to give you that authentic feel and action. On top of that, you also get Gibson's new Mini-ETune automatic tuning system. If you'd like to experience something few people outside of Ted McCarty's shop ever did, then you need to check out the Gibson SG Tribute '50s model electric guitar.
The onboard Mini-ETune system gives you the freakish stability of 40:1 tuners plus the effortless tuning Gibson's "robot" tuning system has to offer. Load up one of 12 factory-preset tunings, or program in up to six of your own favorites. What's more, the Min-ETune system uses an extended-life lithium ion battery that gives you 80-100 tunings on a single charge. Lightweight body, heavyweight tone, genius tuning, and 100% classic Gibson goodness: it's the Gibson SG Tribute '50s with Mini-ETune. Get yours from GearNuts.com!
Gibson SG Tribute '50s with Mini-ETune Solidbody Electric Guitar Features at a Glance:
- A classic solidbody electric guitar that captures the spirit of the late 1950s SG prototypes
- Gibson P-90 Soapbar single-coil pickups balance glassy clean sound at lower volumes with growl and grit when you roll on the gain
- Mini-ETune system lets you tune automatically in seconds with the push of a button and a single strum
- Extended-life Li-ion battery lets you tune up to 100 times on a single charge
- Ultra-high-ratio 40:1 tuners provide heroic tuning stability
- Slim, lightweight, and expertly balanced mahogany body
- Traditional '50s rounded neck profile provides solid feel and smooth action
- PROTOTYPE stamp on headstock captures the spirit of this per-production model reissue
- Gig bag included