A Tribute to the Origen of the SG!If you can get your hands on a real 1950s Gibson SG... please return it to Gibson's private museum where it belongs. Launched in 1961, the SG went through several iterations and configurations before Gibson luthiers finalized the design. The Gibson SG Tribute '50s model attempts to capture one of the prototype renditions of this iconic electric guitar. Loaded with P-90 Soapbar single-coil pickups, this slightly more aggressive-sounding guitar was designed to appeal to a younger generation of guitarists who pushed the sound of rock music in a whole new direction. At the same time, the SG Tribute '50s guitar features a period-correct '50s rounded neck profile to give you that authentic feel and action. If you'd like to experience something few people outside of Ted McCarty's shop ever did, then you need to check out the Gibson SG Tribute '50s model electric guitar.
Gibson SG Tribute '50s Solidbody Electric Guitar Features at a Glance:
- A classic solidbody electric guitar that captures the spirit of the late 1950s SG prototypes
- Gibson P-90 Soapbar single-coil pickups balance glassy clean sound at lower volumes with growl and grit when you roll on the gain
- Slim, lightweight, and expertly balanced mahogany body
- Traditional '50s rounded neck profile provides solid feel and smooth action
- PROTOTYPE stamp on headstock captures the spirit of this per-production model reissue
- Gig bag included