Two Ribbons, Limitless Possibilities!The Royer SF-12 stereo coincident ribbon microphone combines high quality audio performance with outstanding stereo separation and imaging. It is a modern ribbon design with no audible diffraction effects or cavity resonance.
Royer SF-12 stereo ribbon microphone at a Glance:
- Superb transient response from low-mass ribbons
- Stereo recording at its coolest for any application
- Two matched ribbon microphones in one body
Two matched ribbon microphones in one body
The Royer SF-12 is actually two matched ribbon microphones placed one above the other and fixed at a 90° angle. This arrangement allows for Blumlein and M-S recording with one microphone, plus excellent monaural compatibility when summing the two ribbon elements to mono. The SF-12's frequency response is excellent regardless of the angle of sound striking the ribbons and off-axis coloration is negligible. The Royer SF-12's extension cable comes with an adapter which splits into separate left and right XLR connectors, labeled "upper" and "lower."
Superb transient response from low-mass ribbons
The Royer SF-12's two 1.8-micron ribbons are of pure (99.99%) aluminum and provide superb transient response due to their low mass. Each of the Royer SF-12's two ribbon transducers incorporate "cross-field" motor assemblies (patent pending) which are comprised of four rocking Neodymium magnets and Permendur iron pole-pieces. This crossfield design delivers excellent high frequency response due to the extremely short path between the front and rear (sides) of the ribbon elements. The microphone's case is ingot iron and forms part of the magnetic return circuit, an effective rig with low leakage flux which accounts for the relatively high sensitivity in a trim package.
Stereo recording at its coolest for any application
Trust the Royer SF-12 to provide flawless reproduction of any stereo source. It's especially well suited to capture large sections and ensembles with outstanding clarity and imaging. The SF-12 is ideal for percussion instruments, acoustic guitars, and other plucked strings
Royer SF-12 Recommended Applications:
- Stereo & distance miking
- Choir, orchestra, string sections
- Drum overheads, room miking
- Percussion instruments
- Brass instruments, horn sections
- Woodwind instruments
- Stereo acoustic piano, harp
- Acoustic guitar, mandolin, stringed instruments
Royer SF-12 stereo ribbon microphone Features:
- True stereophonic (Blumlein and M-S) recording from one microphone
- No internal active electronics to overload or produce distortion up to max SPL rating.
- Extremely low residual noise
- Ribbon elements unaffected by heat or humidity
- Absence of high frequency peaks, "ringing" and phase shifts
- Equal sensitivity from front and back of elements
- Totally low magnetic leakage
- High efficiency toroid matching transformers and gold plated out connector