Uber Oberheim!When Arturia models a synth, they don't just create a dead-on emulation of the original, they take it to the next level. That's exactly what they did when they created the Oberheim SEM V virtual instrument. This amazing recreation of a classic Oberheim analog synth starts with all the goodies that made the orignal SEM a smash hit. You get a pair of analog-style oscillators, a dual of envelops, a sine-wave LFO, and one mean VCF. And since it uses Arturia's amazing TAE modeling technology, even an old-school synth guru would have a hard time telling the Oberheim SEM V's ultra-fat basses, shimmering pads, and epic leads from the original. But that's just the beginning.
True to form, Arturia went way beyond the scope of the original SEM by adding a few tweaks of their own. Oh who are we kidding - they added a TON of new gadgets to the Oberheim SEM V. First, there are the extra sound sources, which include a totally rich sub-octave generator and a handy white-noise engine. Arturia also decided that one LFO just wasn't enough, so they tossed another one into the Oberheim SEM V. While they were at it, they figured you might want portamento note glide and an onboard arpeggiator. Good stuff! Speaking of which, a trio of professional analog-style effects (overdrive, chorus, and delay) let you go even crazier with your sound creation.
Now that you've got all of these cool ways to create totally original sounds, Arturia decided they'd totally crack the monophonic barrier and make the Oberheim SEM V polyphonic... and 8-voice multitimbral to boot! That's right - go ahead and stack up huge analog sounds. But even that wasn't enough, so Arturia went and developed three exclusive control modules just for the Oberheim SEM V. First, there's the Voice Programmer module, which makes creating fun and exciting layered sounds easy as pie. The Modulation Matrix module lets you get the most out of the Oberheim SEM V's LFOs and envelopes. And if you want to get really tweaky, dive into the Advanced Keyboard Follow module, which lets you add crazy motion into your sound. Seriously, take a week off, buy Arturia's Oberheim SEM V from GearNuts.com, and get in touch with your wild side.
Arturia Oberheim SEM V Synthesizer Virtual Instrument Features:
- A virtual version of one of the world's most beloved analog synthesizers, loaded with killer extras
- Core sounds and functions feature a spot-on emulation of Tom Oberheim's SEM (Synthesizer Expander Module) analog synth
- High-end physical modeling powered by Arturia's exclusive TAE technology gives you extremely realistic analog sound
- Adds polyphonic, 8-voice multitimbral operation to the traditional monophonic SEM tone
- Includes all of the Oberheim SEM's original parameters, including 2 x oscillators (sawtooth/variable-width pulse wave with PWM), sine wave LFO, 12dB/octave multi-mode filter, and two ADS envelopes
- Extra tone modules add a sub-octave generator and a white noise generator to your sonic pallet
- Second LFO gives you even more modulation you can use to shape your tone
- Portamento and arpeggiator let you add glide and motion to your performance
- Onboard professional, analog-style effects including overdrive, delay, and chorus give you more tone-shaping tools
- Advanced Keyboard Follow module lets you draw modulation curves on the fly for up to 6 parameters
- Voice Programmer module lets you combine and manipulate each of the Oberheim SEM V's 8 voices dynamically
- Modulation Matrix module offers 8 simultaneous modulations, which you can set between 8 different sources and more than 25 destinations
- Works in Standalone, VST 2.4 & 3, 64 bit & 32 bit, RTAS and AU 32 & 64 bit formats
- Compatible with Windows XP/Vista/7 (32-bit and 64-bit), Mac OS X (Mac OS X 10.5 or higher, Intel only)