Light, Affordable, and Versatile Digital Snake SystemLet's start with the part about the cabling itself. If you've heard of digital snakes before, then you know there are a lot of reasons to love them... usually about 100-200 lbs. worth! That's because each channel in an analog snake requires two leads, a ground, and some shielding. It adds up fast. By comparison, a the Behringer S16 digital snake system transmits 16 channels of audio over standard Cat 5e Ethernet cable, supporting runs over 300'. Compared to a16-channel analog snake running just 50', a 300' Ethernet cable weighs practically nothing.
Now onto the even better part. One of the things that sets the Behringer S16 apart from other digital snake systems is its bank of 16 remote-controllable Midas microphone preamplifiers. That means no more running up to the stage to tweak the levels on the stage box! What's more, these are the are same amazing preamps that have made the X32 digital console such a hit. In fact, Behringer originally intended the S16 as a proprietary digital snake for the X32, but once they realized how cool it was, they decided to open it up to all digital consoles that support Klark Teknik SuperMac technology audio networking.
And it gets even better. While Behringer was at at, they also loaded the S16 with Ultranet connectivity. That means you can hook up your Powerplay P16 personal monitoring system right up to your stage box - perfect for running in-ears. There are also a pair of ADAT optical outputs, which lets you instantly split your signal cleanly for front of house and a monitor mix. Talk about a ton of bank for your buck! Get your Behringer S16 digital Snake from GearNut.com today!
Behringer S16 Digital Snake System Features:
- Simple, flexible, and affordable digital snake system that works with any AES50 network-ready digital console
- 16 x fully programmable and remote-controllable Midas mic preamps give you exceptional sound, right from the stage
- 8 x analog, servo-balanced XLR outputs let you send complete monitor mixes to the stage
- AES50 network ports featuring Klark Teknik SuperMac technology, providing you with ultra-low latency digital audio that's in-ear compatible
- Up to 328' of networking capability via a single lightweight CAT-5e cable (not included)
- Dual AES50 ports let you cascade multiple S16 units, without a merger or a router
- Precise LED metering plus 7-segment displays let you keep a close eye on your levels
- Headphones output assignable to any of the inputs/outputs for on-stage monitoring
- Ultranet connectivity for Behringer's Powerplay P16 Personal Monitoring System is perfect for In-Ear applications
- Dual ADAT outputs for use in splitter mode and stand-alone digital multicore applications
- MIDI In/Out for bi-directional communication between FOH console and on-stage MIDI devices
- USB connector for system updates via PC
- Planet Earth switching power supply for maximum flexibility, noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power consumption for energy saving
- Durable yet compact, all-steel 2U rack-mount chassis provides flexible mounting