Amplify Any Acoustic!
Fishman Rare Earth Humbucking Pickup at a Glance:
- The Preamp
- The Pickup
This Fishman Rare Earth pickup is a "stacked coil" style, for musicians who demand quieter reproduction than one coil pickup can offer. A volume control offers on-the-fly control via a useful thumbwheel.
The preamplifier is housed within the pickup. A low noise circuit design preserves the pickup's performance in any audio environment. The preamplifier lets you plug the Rare Earth into a full range instrument amp, an unbalanced input of a PA rig, a recording console or direct box, without the signal loss or degradation typically found with passive soundhole pickups. You may run cables up to 80' (25m) in length without any audible loss of fidelity.
Fishman Rare Earth Humbucking Pickup Features:
- Cutting-edge neodymium (a rare earth element) magnets
- Can be plugged into an instrument amp, sound reinforcement system, recording console or direct box
- Miniature battery mounts conveniently on the underside of the pickup (batteries included)
- Low current design of the preamplifier allows 300 hours use between battery changes
- Fits in soundholes as small as 3-5/8" diameter
- Pre-wired out jack can also be endpin mounted
- Active electronics for a pure, clean sound
- Excellent string-to-string balance
- Really simple installation with no alteration - plug-and-play right out of the box