Make Your Ribbon Microphones Sound Their Best!The AEA RPQ 2-channel mic preamplifier makes ribbon microphones (and any other microphone in your collection) sound sweet. Its high headroom, 80dB of clean gain, and ultra-quiet performance make the RPQ a killer choice, while a Curve-Shaper function helps you get the best performance possible out of your ribbon microphone. This function lets you minimize proximity effect while enhancing the highs. At a rackmountable 1U, this preamplifier is as small as it is versatile and strong. Features such as JFET circuitry, a wide dynamic range, and road-tough construction help make the RPQ an impressive microphone preamplifier!
AEA RPQ 2-channel Ribbon Mic Preamplifier at a Glance:
- Plenty of clean gain and headroom
- Add some "air" to your ribbon
- Ideal for ribbon mics
Plenty of clean gain and headroom
The AEA RPQ Ribbon Preamplifier with Curve-Shaping has two channels of excellent, high-gain, low-noise mic preamplification, and unlike the TRP rocks phantom power for active electronics. Particularly well-suited for use with ribbon mics, it delivers the speed, precision, quietness, and headroom needed for today's high-resolution recordings. The JFET circuit design generates up to 80dB of clean and quiet gain, with extended bandwidth from below 1Hz to beyond 200kHz, for dynamic range and transient response that complements all of your mics.
Ideal for ribbon mics
The RPQ's Curve-Shaper offers up the tools to control your ribbons. Ribbon microphones are capable of delivering sturdy sub-woofer lows, and can have a significant bass proximity effect. Such bulletproof bass content can mask treble intelligibility, so the tunable LF filter was engineered to tame bass energy to appropriate levels.
Add some "air" to your ribbon
The HF filter enables you to extend the high end adding a little extra "presence" or "air" to the pickup. The HF filter compensates for the treble roll-off that is inherent to most ribbon mics, distant microphone placement, or an overly "dry" acoustical environment.
AEA RPQ 2-channel Ribbon Mic Preamplifier Features:
- 80dB of gain at 1kHz, balanced-in to balanced-out
- Noise figure, rms A-weighted: < 2 dB
- EIN < -128 dBu A-weighted, 150 W resistive source
- Balanced mic in impedance > 10 kO
- Green, red, and yellow LEDs indicate line level
- XLR output max level into 600O load: +28 dBu, balanced; +22 dBu, unbalanced
- Tip-ring-sleeve output max level into 100 kO load: +22 dBu, unbalanced
- Grayhill series 71 stepped gain switch
- Rotary potentiometers detented at 12:00 o'clock position
- Metallic blue and steel gray powder-coat finish
- Silkscreened engraved legends and single line schematic
- Detachable rack ears included
- 1U steel and aluminum chassis
- Dimensions: 17.25" W, 11" D, 1.7" H
- Weight: 6.75 lbs.