Revolutionary Ribbon MicAs you might imagine, there are a lot of pro audio engineers here at GearNuts. We all have our favorite gear, from the microphones and preamps we love to the DAWs and monitors we swear by. When it comes to ribbon mics, few engineers are mild-weathered about the subject. Some of us love their transparent performance and incredible detail, whereas others complain about their subdued treble response. Here's the microphone that's gonna end the debate once and for all! Designed and made by Rupert Neve and sE Electronics, the RNR1 active ribbon mic is a total game-changer!
Sure the RNR1 has all of the amazing characteristics that ribbon microphone lovers expect: impeccable detail, impressive sensitivity, and heroic SPL handling, but that's not all. As opposed to most ribbons, which suffer performance drops at around 7-10kHz, the RNR1 actually gains a mild presence boost in the upper mid range. The result is an amazing-sounding ribbon mic with a nearly ruler flat frequency response that sounds perfectly natural. With an RNR1 in your collection, you'll be able to capture everything from instruments to vocals more realistically than ever before!
sE Electronics RNR1 Rupert Neve Signature Active Ribbon Mic Features at a Glance:
- Output impedance: 200 Ohms balanced
- Polar pattern: Figure 8
- Equivalent noise level: 15dB (A weighted)
- Frequency response: 20Hz-25KHz
- Sensitivity: -32dB (referenced 1v/pa +/-1dB)
- All of the benefits of a ribbon mic with none of the sonic drawbacks
- Generating element: 2.5-micron aluminum ribbon
- Rated load impedance: 1000 Ohms
- One of the few ribbon mics on earth that can capture high frequencies well
- Designed and made by Rupert Neve and sE Electronics
- Max SPL: Over 135dB
The sE Electronics RNR1 Rupert Neve signature active ribbon mic will revolutionize the way you record music!