Your Attitude-packed Head!
TC Electronic RH450 450-watt Bass Amp Head at a Glance:
- User memories and direct outputs
- Rehearsal inputs and integrated tuner
- Bulletproof and portable
- TubeTone and Spectra Comp
- Straightforward but incredibly versatile tone controls
Rocking and portable
The 450-watt high power out level of RH450 is accomplished by using Class D amp technology in combination with TC Electronic's Active Power Management (APM). APM effectively means that the amp behaves completely much like a tube amp when getting close to max performance by optimizing the power impact, contrary to the hard-clipping tendencies of transistor amps and most other Class D amps. And this head is incredibly portable, to boot!
Rehearsal inputs and integrated tuner
Playing any instrument on its own can be a little dull, but everyone needs time to practice, which is why RH450 has rehearsal inputs. This rear panel-mounted feature lets you plug in your iPod, phone, computer or MP3 player via the supplied mini-jack to RCA cable adapter for simple practicing and playing plus recorded music. The headphone amp is a high quality model taken straight from TC Electronic's Studio Konnekt 48 and includes a speaker filter on the bass signal.
The built-in tuner is amazingly convenientSimply push the Mute button to get a full-resolution tuner 'light ring' to help you tune your instrument quickly and accurately. You can also use the RebelControl for really simple remote access to this functionality.
User memories and direct outputs
You might not use presets, but only because you've never had the chance! Anyone who's used different basses on stage knows that a few user memories on your amp would be welcome. With RH450 you can easily switch between, for example, your 4- and 5-string basses, or your Rickenbacker and Fender Jazz. Just plug in the bass and use the 'car radio'-style Store & Recall controls to easily switch between presets for your chosen model. There are three bass user memories, remote control access and visual indicators for Mute and the Tuner. A transformer-balanced line out sports stellar live-sound DI and direct-recording performance - even with long cable runs! Speaking of direct recording: a built-in AES/EBU connector lets you plug straight into your DAW.
Straightforward but incredibly versatile tone controls
The RH450 features straightforward controls, much like those you'd find on old school amps. Voiced to give you plenty of tweaking options to nail the perfect tone. Chances are that this is all you're ever gonna need. However, if you're not fully satisfied with the default frequency areas, fear not - TC Electronic has given you the option to change the focus of each of the tone controls. This functionality lets you pinpoint a frequency you either want to remove or boost for each tone control and then store the settings.
TubeTone and Spectra Comp
Most transistor designs have tried to replicate the tube sound using one small pre-amp tube, but they generally fail as they don't take into account the crucial characteristics of the full pre-amp and power amp sections - both of which are essential to the sound. TubeTone duplicates all characteristics to deliver the full tube sound. Likewise, integrated compressors generally don't sound that good. A regular compressor tends to be dominated by the lower string, but RH450's SpectraComp technology allows virtually 'per string' multiband compression that evens out the compression across all strings.
TC Electronic RH450 450-watt Bass Amp Head Features:
- In connector: 1/4" jack
- Input impedance: 1 Mohm/100 pF
- Gain range: -96 to 32dB
- Tone controls: Bass - Center Freq: 280Hz (range: 71-1120Hz, Gain: +15/-24dB); Low Mid - Center Freq: 400Hz (range: 100-1600Hz, Gain: +15/-24dB); High Mid - Center Freq: 800Hz (range: 200-3150Hz, Gain: +15/-24dB); Treble - Center Freq: 1600Hz (range: 400-6300Hz, Gain: +12/-24dB)
- Tube emulation circuitry
- 3-band spectral compression
- User Memories: Three memory locations storing all front panel controls except Mute and Master Level
- Tuner: Chromatic, constant on A0 (27.50Hz) to E5 (659.26Hz)
- Mute: Mutes speaker out, Phones out and Balanced out
- Master Level Headphone output
- Studio-quality headphone amp
- Impedance: 40 to 600 Ohm
- Mains supply: Universal 100 - 240V 50/60Hz (80w at 1/8 power)
- Speaker out: Combined Speakon/1/4" jack
- Power rating: 450W (800W Peak)
- Balanced output: Transformer-balanced XLR, pre/post pre-amp
- Optimal Load Impedance: 600 ohm
- Preamplifier out: 1/4" jack, balanced out, max output level = +8dBu
- Power amp in: 1/4" jack, balanced input, impedance = 10 kOhm, Max Input Level = +8dBu
- Rehearsal input: RCA, left/right input, works with iPod and other music players
- Digital Recording out: Balanced XLR, AES/EBU, (24-bit)
- Remote connection: 5 pin DIN, cable with shield
- Dimensions: 10.8" x 11.4" x 2.6"
- Weight: 8.8 pounds
- Finish: Sandblasted die-cast aluminum