Not Your Typical Floor Tom!Here's the floor tom you've simply got to get your hands on. The Pearl Reference Pure Series Floor Tom is everything a floor tom could ever want to be - rich, warm, and deeply resonant with enough life, snap, and punch to project with absolute clarity. It's no fluke that the Reference Pure Series Floor Tom sounds so good - it sports all of the breakthrough technology featured in Pearl's Reference Pure series.
For starters, the Reference Pure Series Floor Tom's shell is made from eight individual plies, blending African mahogany and top-shelf maple for the perfect balance of sound. These aren't your typical plies either - they're super thin (just .9mm) and treated with Pearl's Superior Shell Technology process, making them super thin and ultra-resonant.
Pearl also added a full complement of ultra-low-mass hardware, including minimal-contact STL swivel tube lugs and 1.6mm Fat Tone Hoops. To top it off, the Reference Pure Series Floor Tom sits on a set of Patented Air Suspension Rubber Tips, which decrease floor contact for extended sustain. No joke - the Pearl Reference Pure Series Floor Tom is in a class of its own!
Pearl Reference Pure Series Floor Tom Features:
- Rich and resonant 14" x 14" floor tom built to the extreme standards of Pearl's Reference Pure series
- Shell constructed from 8 individual .9mm plies, combining the rich bass response of African mahogany with the projection and snap of maple
- Pearl's proprietary Superior Shell Technology ensures exceptional tone, optimal resonance, and extreme strength
- Fully rounded bearing edge provides maximizes the contact area of the head to the shell for added acoustic punch
- Ultra-low-mass STL swivel tube lugs achieve minimal contact with the shell to decrease dampening and increase resonance
- 1.6mm Fat Tone Hoops combine low-mass resonance with heroic strength
- Patented Air Suspension Rubber Tip leg design prevents premature sound decay from floor contact