Amazing Stereo, Tape-style Effects!
Click for Video & Audio Demos:
- Timeless tone - a spot-on re-creation of the mythical RE-201 Space Echo
- Modern controls, to improve on the original
- Boss guitar pedals: rugged, reliable, more than 10,000,000 sold
- Incredible warm, saturated tape sound - use it on everything
Timeless tone - a spot-on re-creation of the mythical RE-201 Space Echo
If it's a timeless delay effect you want, then look no further - the RE-20 is a faithful re-creation of the famous Roland RE-201 Space Echo. Since its introduction in 1973, the RE-201 Space Echo swept stages and studios for its incredible warm, tape-saturated echo effect. In fact, even many modern bands - including Radiohead - still turn to the original RE-201 Space Echo for its amazing effect. But now, you can have all that tone - without the classic price tag and without having to replace tape heads - with the Boss RE-20 Space Echo.
Modern controls, to improve on the original
With the Boss RE-20 Space Echo, you get the same controls as the original RE-201 - but you also get a few useful "extras" that improve on the classic. To start, there's an 11-position rotary mode selector, which includes four Repeat Modes and 7 Reverb Echo Modes. There's also a Reverb Only Mode you can select. Six knobs on the left of the pedal let you dial in Bass, Treble, Reverb Volume, Repeat Rate, Intensity, and Echo Volume - which allow you to take your tone in an incredible range of directions. What's more, the Boss RE-20 offers up a dedicated tap tempo pedal - one feature the original didn't. That way, you can control the effect on and off in genuine time, while you adjust its sound to each turn in the song.
Incredible warm, saturated tape sound - use it on everything
You can put virtually anything through the Boss RE-20 Space Echo to warm up its sound and achieve an rockin' effect - natural choices include analog and digital synthesizers plus electric guitars, but try putting your drum machine or electronic drum kit through it for truly cool results.
Boss guitar pedals: rugged, reliable, more than 10,000,000 sold
More than 10,000,000 Boss guitar and bass effects pedals have been sold to players worldwide, including such top players as Yngie Malmsteen, Dave Navarro, John Petrucci, Marty Friedman, Steve Vai, and Joe Satriani. You've also no doubt heard Boss pedals recorded and onstage beneath the feet of bands of all genres, including Muse, The Killers, and Silversun Pickups. The reason for the success is clear: not only do Boss effects pedals sound killer - but they're also made like tanks and designed with serious use in mind. Each Boss pedal is housed in a stomp-ready metal box and features a rubberized stomp area and base, to help safeguard against slipping. So, whether you're a fresh-out-of-the-gate beginner, an axe-veteran designing your dream pedalboard, or anywhere in between, you can depend on Boss's proven line of pedals to craft your tone.
Boss RE-20 Space Echo Tape-emulation Delay Pedal Features:
- Re-creation of the famous Roland RE-201 Space Echo tape effect
- Models the RE-201's tape flutter and magnetic head sound saturation
- Tap pedal allows delay time to be set by foot
- Longer delay time than the original RE-201
- Can control parameters such as Repeat Rate, Intensity, and more via Expression pedal
- 11-mode rotary selector with more "Reverb Only" mode
- Bass, Treble, Reverb Volume, Repeat Rate, Intensity, and Echo Volume Controls
- In: 2 x 1/4" - Mono or steroe operation
- Expression pedal input
- Out: 2 x 1/4"
- Optional AC adapter - Roland PSA-120S