A Grand Slam Bass Overdrive!Not a bass amplifier, not a bass amp modeler, the Tech 21 SansAmp RBI is one of those super-cool gadgets that pretty much defies conventional categorization. You see, most of modelers or simulators are designed to provide you with the sound of such and such famous amp with varying degree of success. Not the SansAmp RBI. Don't get me wrong, this puppy is so versatile that you can make it sound like all sorts of well known and loved amps - in fact, it includes dial placement settings that let you get SVT-style, Bassman-style, King's X-style, Crimson-style, and more classic tones - but it's far from limited to only those tones. A full set of tone controls lets you dial in just the sound you want, so you can get really creative and come up with your own tone.
What's really cool is that you can dial in an aggressive tone if you're running direct or recording, or back off the drive if you're running into an amp. Speaking of drive, considering that the SansAmp RBI is a solid-state piece of work, its tube amp sound is totally amazing. Actually, the tube amp emulation circuit is so good that there's more than a fair share of bass players and engineers who would much rather have a SansAmp RBI and a less expensive solid state amp than an entry-level full tube amp. So, if you're looking for bass tone like nothing you've ever heard before or, for that matter, exactly like something you're looking for but can't afford, do yourself and your tone a favor and pick up a Tech 21 SansAmp RBI!
Tech 21 SansAmp RBI Bass Amp Simulator/Overdrive Effect Features at a Glance:
- Traditional and modern bass amp sounds... without the amp
- Sample settings, such as SVT- style, Bassman-style, King's X-style, Crimson-style, and more included
- Familiar controls include Drive, Presence, Blend, and more
- Tube Amplifier Emulation circuitry with out-of-this-world realistic response
- Active Bass and Treble controls (cut or boost by 12dB)
- Dedicated Mid control
- Individual XLR Level control optimizes your amp's output relative to the P.A.
- Mix 50/50 switch configures the Effects Loop in series or parallel
- 1/4" rear input
- XLR output with selectable levels
- Buffered unaffected XLR output to run a dry signal to a separate channel
- Footswitch input to engage unit
- Footswitch output to chain and toggle between another SansAmp RBI