A Chrome-finished Beacon of Ribbon Mic Greatness!It's a ribbon mic! It has a beautifully shiny chrome finish! It's a limited edition - only 125 made! Oh, yeah... you need this one! If you're crazy about ribbon mics, than you'll absolutely flip over AEA's R84 SLE (Silver Limited Edition). It has the same Large Ribbon Geometry (LRG), 2.35" x 0.185" x 2 micron pure-aluminum low-tension ribbon in the AEA 44... which is as close as you can get to the original RCA-44A ribbon mic. That's classic, classy sound right there, friend. This mic shines in more ways than one!
Hey, if you're not already into ribbon microphones, you will be once you get your hands on an AEA R84 SLE. Its ability to capture sound the way your ears do has made the R84 a favorite for recording guitar cabinets in particular - it's not dull of bulky at all, unlike many ribbons. No matter what you use it for, the R84 SLE will give you some of the most natural-sounding results possible. Invest in one of these awesome (and very limited) mics, and hear it pay off in sound-quality, over and over again!
AEA R84 SLE Limited-edition Ribbon Microphone Features at a Glance:
- Reliable ribbon mic with wide dynamic range
- Large Ribbon Geometry (LRG), 2.35" by 0.185" by 2 micron pure aluminum low-tension ribbon
- Able to handle better than 165dB SPL at higher frequencies
- Figure-8 pattern for duo recording convenience
- Includes shockmount, 10" cable and sturdy foam-lined carrying case