The Take-anywhere Field Recorder!
Roland R-44 at a Glance:
- Connects to your computer via USB
- Built-in microphone and speakers
- Useful pre-record function
- Bunch of ins and outputs
- Operation-oriented user interface
- Can link units together
- Built-in studio-grade effects
Built-in microphone and speakers
While the R-44 includes a host of in and output options for nearly any field recording situation, it also comes to you ready-to-go with its excellent built-in stereo microphone and monitor speakers.
Built-in studio-grade effects
The Roland R-44 includes multiple pro effects for polishing your audio tracks - either as you record them, or for monitoring and playback. An built-in limiter helps suppress sudden peaks in sound from an in source, helping free your recordings from any unwanted distortion or clipping. Just as useful, the included low-cut filter prevents wind noise or microphone handling noise. Other effects include a 3-band EQ, 6-band Graphic EQ, Enhancer and DeEsser that can all be applied to greatly improve the professionalism of your audio tracks.
When you're out in the field, sometimes you're waiting to record that right sound or moment, and having your recording device just continuously record can be a waste of battery and a waste of space on your memory cards. The R-44 comes with an incredibly useful pre-record function, so you never have to miss the important moments again. Buffering in signals for a certain amount of user-selectable time, the R-44 includes the previous seconds before you actually hit the record button. Not only is this incredibly useful when you're waiting for the sound of a passing train, or for some other event to occur, but it also helps reduce lengthy dead time at the beginning of a recording by not having to start the recorder too early.
Wide range of inputs and outputs
Four combo input jacks on your R-44 support the connection of both XLR and 1/4" plugs. While built-in phantom power ensures that you can use your favorite condensers with your R-44, eleven steps of selectable input sensitivity help you easily record devices with a wide range of input levels - from microphones to musical instruments.
Operation-oriented user interface
With its high contrast, high response LED screen, the R-44 is viewable from wide angles, ensuring simple operation in any field recording situation. Responsive level meters make accurate level adjustments possible, while easily accessible, self-lit buttons on every key control help you fluidly operate your R-44 in lower-light recording situations.
Can link two units together
If you need eight value-packed channels of simultaneous recording, you can use the Control Sync terminal with two R-44s connected via a stereo mini-cable. In this way, the master unit can remotely control record standby, record start, and record stop of the slave unit.
Connects to your computer easily via USB
You can easily mount your R-44 onto your computer via any available USB 2.0 connection. The R-44 operates just like a regular USB storage device, letting you copy data back and forth by simply dragging and dropping.
Roland R-44 Features:
- 4-channel, solid-state field recorder
- Uses SD or large capacity SDHC cards
- Selectable bit depths: 16-bit or 24-bit
- Selectable sampling frequencies: 44.1kHz/48kHz/88.2kHz/96kHz/192kHz
- Built-in effects including limiter, low cut filter, 3-band EQ, 6-band GEQ, Enhancer, and DeEsser
- Weighs less than 3 lbs
- Built-in stereo microphones and monitor speakers
- 4 combo input jacks (XLR / 1/4") witih phantom power
- 11 steps of input sensitivity
- High-contrast LED display
- Pre-record function
- Can link two units together for eight channels
- Connects to your computer via USB
- Four hours of recording with four AA batteries at 16-bit/44.kHz stereo, phantom power and pre-record disabled
- Takes four AA batteries, AC adapter, or external battery