Total Control for Your MIDI Rig!
Now that we've already determined that you can use your QuNeo to hold a note on a synthesizer while manipulating its volume, pitch, and modulation - ALL WITH A SINGLE FREAKING FINGER - it's time to figure out what to do with the rest of your digits. Check out these rotary sensors. Use them as jog wheels or platters, X-Y pads or triggers - with the capacity to detect continuous pressure, angle, and distance to center, each of these sensors gives plenty of ways to put the QuNeo into action. On that note, you'll love the action of the QuNeo's multi-touch sliders, which are great for controlling volume, filters, EQs, and more. Two-finger mode lets you set both a frequency and a cutoff frequency at once, and tap sensitivity lets you kill frequency bands or toggle effects on and off.
And it keeps getting better. Beneath the QuNeo's low-profile surface, there are over 250 multi-color LEDs. These LEDs provide VU monitoring, touch response, and continuous feedback - the key to working this ridiculously complex and powerful controller into your music rig, without losing your marbles. Thanks to its series of switches, you can layer control upon control in the QuNeo, giving you access to all parts of your MIDI setup. With all of this impressive control capability under the hood, you'd probably expect the QuNeo to be about the size of a '57 Chevy. But, as fate and next-generation digital engineering would have it, the QuNeo is roughly the size of an iPad, so you can pick it up, stick it in your laptop bag, and saunter off to your next gig any time you like.
Keith McMillen Instruments QuNeo Multi-touch Programmable MIDI Control Surface Features at a Glance:
- Powerful, flexible multi-touch programmable control surface you can use with any MIDI-controllable gear
- Layered multi-purpose control sections let you take hold of a vast number of individual continuous controllers at once
- 16 x drum-style pads provide full velocity sensitivity, X-Y position sensing, and continuous pressure detection
- 2 x rotary sensors detect angle, pressure, and distance from center, providing you with intuitive control over DJ decks, jog wheels, and other complex parameters
- 9 x multi-touch sliders give you multiple operation modes, including tap, two-finger, and fader-style control
- A series of programmable switches let you select samples, fader banks, and transport controls
- 251 x multicolor LEDs provide extensive visual feedback, including VU monitoring behind the multi-touch sliders
- Small footprint allows you to store your QuNeo easily in your backpack or laptop case
- Designed to fit in many iPad accessories, such as mic stand adapters and cases
- USB bus provides power and connectivity via USB, class-compliant MIDI over USB, or OSC
- Compatible with KMI's MIDI Expander USB to MIDI adapter
- Development kit and API available for anyone who wants to create their own code to respond to QuNeo's sensor data