The Famous Prophet with Vintage Vibe!With the Dave Smith Instruments Prophet '08 PE (Potentiometer Edition), you get an evolution of a classic synth - with even more "vintage-style" control. That's because the Prophet '08 PE sports front-panel pots instead of the rotary controllers you'll find on the standard Prophet '08 - completely cool. The Prophet 5 shook up music production as we know it... it's simply analog synth vibe personified. You'll find all that tasty, rich analog tone - with some new wrinkles thrown in for more functionality and sound-shaping capabilities, with your Dave Smith Instruments Prophet '08 PE.
Dave Smith Instruments Prophet '08 PE Analog Polysynth at a Glance:
- True analog
- Amazing new features
Sweet new features
The Prophet '08 PE Potentiometer Edition has eight voices with a classic 2-oscillator, 2/4 pole Curtis lowpass filter, VCA architecture, and 52 knobs to adjust. Prophet 08 goes well beyond the original Prophet by including Four LFOs, three envelopes, and a gated sequencer per voice. Each program has two layers, so the sounds can be easily stacked or split. A four-mode latchable arpeggiator is also included.
There are countless digitized imitations of analog synths out there, both in hardware and plug-in form. Many of them sound killer, but nothing touches the genuine thing for true analog sound. Prophet 08 features an all-analog signal path and includeds an analog step sequencer. It looks like what you'd want the newest Prophet to look like, with a black chassis, wood end caps, white graphics, and slim black knobs with silver caps. The pitch and mod wheels are black, and are mounted on the panel.
Dave Smith Instruments Prophet '08 PE (Potentiometer Edition) Analog Polysynth Features:
- Value-packed full-featured polysynth with a 100% analog signal path
- Classic, genuine analog sound-including mythical Curtis analog lowpass filters, all married to a modern feature set
- Small size with gigantic sound.
- Tons of knobs for direct, real-time editing and performance
Dave Smith Instruments Prophet '08 PE (Potentiometer Edition) Analog Polysynth Specifications:
- 5-octave keyboard with semi-weighted action, velocity, and aftertouch.
- Spring-loaded pitch wheel and assignable mod wheel
- 256 fully editable Programs (2 banks of 128) with 2 Layers (2 separate sounds) in each Program.
- 16 x 4 gated step sequencer
- 2 digitally controlled analog oscillators (DCOs) per voice with selectable sawtooth, triangle, saw/triangle mix, and pulse waves (with pulse-width modulation), and hard sync.
- White noise generator
- 1 Analog Curtis lowpass filter per voice, selectable 2- and 4-pole operation (self-resonating in 4-pole mode).
- 3 Envelope Generators: filter, VCA, and assignable (four-stage ADSR + delay); Envelope 3 can loop.
- 4 LFOs
- Glide (portamento): separate rates per oscillator
- Analog VCAs
- Dimensions: 12.1" W x 34.8" L x 3.875" H (2.25" at front edge; the feet account for 0.25" of the total height)
- Weight: 22 lbs.
Dave Smith Instruments Prophet '08 PE (Potentiometer Edition) Analog Polysynth Ins and Outputs:
- MIDI In, Out, Thru, and Poly Chain
- Main stereo audio output: 1/4" unbalanced
- Output B stereo audio output: 1/4" unbalanced
- Sustain pedal input: works with normally on or normally off momentary footswitch.
- Pedal/CV input: responds to expression pedals or control voltages ranging from 0 to 5 VDC (protected against higher or negative voltages).
- Headphone output: 1/4" stereo phone jack.