Get Tons of Awesome Guitar Tones!Rocktron's Prophesy II contains exciting new presets programmed by Rocktron endorsers, Dave Mustaine, Gary Hoey, Rusty Cooley, Jimi Bell and more. This outstanding DSP processor rocks the ultimate control over your tone and effects. The Prophesy is a tremendously rocking tone-shaping tool!
Rocktron Prophesy II at a Glance:
- Pluck Detection responds to your playing dynamics
- Post-preamp effects preserve tone of preamp
- Pre-preamp effects
- Parametric Pre and Post EQ to shape your tone
- Four preamplifier channels, each with its own distinct voicing
Four preamplifier channels, each with its own distinct voicing
The preamplifier section of the Prophesy II features four channels, each with its own distinct "voicing" to provide a vast array of desired tube amp sounds. Each voicing may be thought of as a "channel" and each channel has its own basic gain and master controls with bass, mid, treble and presence controls, all easily accessible with "real amp" knobs on the front panel, just like a regular amp head.
- Channel 1 - "Clean American": Replicates some of the most sought-after clean classic tweed amps of the late '50s and '60s.
- Channel 2 - "Texas Blues": A classic tweed with a bit more "kick" and "bite" often heard from the famous southwest bluesers like Billy Gibbons, Stevie Ray, Eric Johnson, etc.
- Channel 3 - "Vintage British": A old school "Plexi Style" tone offering some of the most dynamic rhythm tone available.
- Channel 4 - "Mega Drive": Considered the Holy Grail of almighty heavy tone of modern music, pumping out everything from early Van Halen to Megadeth and everything in between.
Parametric Pre and Post EQ to shape your tone
The Prophesy II preamplifier section features a parametric Pre EQ, which lets you "pre-shape" your tone to simulate the characteristics of several different guitars (such as fine-tuning your Strat to sound more like a Les Paul, etc.) plus an more parametric Post EQ to add extra lows, highs, or scoop out the mids. And if that's not enough, the Prophesy II also includes a global parametric EQ which adjust the overall out of the Prophesy on all presets.
The effects section of the Prophesy II is divided up into two sections, pre distortion (or pre-preamp), and post distortion (or post-preamp) for unlimited configurations of effects. The pre-effects section features Wah, Compressor, HUSH, Pre-EQ, plus one assignable effect of your choice.
Post-preamp effects preserve tone of preamp
The post-effects section of the Prophesy II provides ultra-transparent, excellent effects which completely preserve the tone of the preamplifier - thick reverbs and lush choruses can be used without coloring the sound of the preamp's tone. Four assignable "effect blocks" allow you to assign one effect pre-preamp and three post-preamp effects in any order you go with, including Phaser, Flanger, Chorus, Pitch Shift, Rotary Speaker, Ducker Delay, etc. Prophesy II also features an all-around mixer section to control the mix between dry and wet signal output of every effect used in the preset.
Pluck Detection responds to your playing dynamics
The Prophesy II's ADSR (Attack/Decay/Sustain/Release) function features Rocktron's Pluck Detection patent-pending, and lets you configure any of the Prophesy parameters to be controlled dynamically by each pluck of a guitar string. It's an incredibly musical application that is totally different from the usual expression-pedal tricks. You could do some groundbreaking stuff with this killer function!
Naturally, the Prophesy II maintains the first-class operational features that Rocktron processors are well known for, such as glitch-free preset switching with no signal drop out or lag time and the most natural sounding effects.
Rocktron Prophesy II Features:
- Dynamic Tube Replication Technology (DTR)
- User Definable Effect Configurations
- User Assignable Stereo Effect Loop
- Tap Tempo Delay and Tremolo
- Built-in Chromatic Tuner
- Stereo XLR Outputs
- Genuine Amp Knobs for On-The-Fly Tone, Volume and Preset Adjustments
- "Pluck Detector" (patent-pending) and ADSR for Dynamic Effect Control
- Pre and Post Distortion and Global EQ
- Pre Distortion Effects and Post Distortion Effects
- Programmable Speaker Simulator w/ Parameters for Speaker Size, Microphone Position, and Reactance