Everything Your Signal Path is Missing!In the studio or onstage, the extremely versatile Aphex Project Channel is the affordable channel strip you need to get production-quality sound without endless knob tweaking. On the input side, you get a warm Class A preamplifier with phantom power, a 70Hz highpass filter, and a -20dB pad. There's even a separate DI circuit to keep your instrument signal extra clean. Next, there's the Project Channel's easy-to-use 1-knob optical compressor, which lets you tame your transients, slam your dynamics, or accomplish anything in between. But that's just the beginning.
Aphex is far and wide known for their Aural Exciter and Big Bottom processors, which spiff up your sound without robbing it of its essential character. Good news - they're both in the Aphex Project Channel! More specifically, the Aural Exciter adds even-order harmonix to your sound, bringing out the clarity of your acoustic instruments, adding air to your vocals, or just generally adding presence to your sound.
Then there's the Big Bottom processor. This sound-sweetening circuitry brings out your bass in a way no mere EQ or compressor can. If you want chest-thumping, hard-hitting low end, then the Project Channel's Big Bottom processor is golden. Top it off with 1/4", XLR, and even digital S/PDIF outputs, and you know the Aphex Project Channel was built for any production rig.
Aphex Project Channel Channel Strip Features at a Glance:
- An essential channel strip for any studio or live rig
- Class A microphone preamp with phantom power gives you warm vintage tone
- Switchable -20dB pad and 70Hz highpass filter provide you with essential dynamic and tone-shaping controls
- One knob optical compressor makes taming your dynamics easy
- 2:1 to 6:1 ratio range lets you go from mild smoothing to heavy leveling
- Onboard Aural Exciter uses selective even-order harmonics to bring out presence in your sound
- Big Bottom processor adds low-end punch, adding weight to your bass
- XLR analog and S/PDIF digital output let you integrate your Project channel into any kind of rig