A Whole Lotta I/O for Not a Lot of $$$!Are you in a band? Do you want to start turning your band's ideas into professional sounding tracks? You gotta get the M-Audio ProFire 2626 into your rack. M-Audio really nailed it with the ProFire 2626. This 26-in/26-out interface gives you the capability to record a huge number of tracks, and it can easily retrofit into an existing ADAT-equipped recording rig as an expansion piece. And you can use it with whatever DAW you're into — Pro Tools M-Powered, Logic, Live, Cubase, SONAR... name it.
Flip around the ProFire 2626 to the back and you'll notice eight combo jacks with XLR and line inputs for your mics or other gear. These aren't just any eight preamps. They're all Octane pres, long renowned for their amazing sound. And there's S/PDIF, MIDI, and word clock available for piping in signals from other digital sources. Then on the output side, you've got a full lineup of eight line outputs. Use 'em to feed a headphone amp if you're recording a full band or something. You'll want to reserve a pair or two for you studio monitors. Rounding out the expansive I/O on the ProFire 2626 is a pair of optical inputs with corresponding outputs. You can track virtually anything with all this I/O!
Up until now, we've left out a pretty cool part. And that's the DSP mixer that's built right in. Using NO power from your computer (leave that for more important stuff, like plug-ins, running tracks, etc.), you can use the ProFire 2626 to route audio to the outputs however you like. And with 26-in/26-out possibilities, that's a lot of control! Maybe best of all, on top of the easy-to-use design, you get really awesome sound quality here. Meaning, you get a full 24-bit/192kHz performance. That blows your CD collection out of the water... we're talking hi-fi stuff here.
M-Audio ProFire 2626 Features at a Glance:
- 26 x 26 simultaneous analog/digital I/O
- Eight preamps with award-winning Octane technology
- Flexible onboard DSP mixer
- User-assignable master volume knob
- Functions as eight-channel mic pre / eight-channel A/D-D/A converter / standalone
- Up to 24-bit/192kHz audio
- JetPLL jitter elimination technology
- Eight XLR mic inputs with phantom power
- Eight 1/4" TRS balanced line inputs
- Two 1/4" TS instrument inputs
- Optical I/O
- 2 x 2 S/PDIF
- 2 x 2 coaxial S/PDIF
- Eight 1/4" TRS balanced line outputs
- Two 1/4" TRS headphone outputs
- 1 x 1 MIDi I/O
- Word Clock I/O
- Compatible with most popular DAWs
- Pro Tools M-Powered compatible
- Comes with Ableton Live Lite 6
- 6-pin FireWire cable
- 4-6 pin FireWire cable
- Breakout cable (MIDI - S/PDIF - BNC)
- External Power supply
- Minimum system requirements for PC: Windows XP (SP2) or Windows Vista (32-bit), Pentium 4, 1.66GHz, 512MB RAM (1GB RAM with Vista)
- Minimum system requirements for Mac: Mac OS X 10.4.10, Mac G4, 1GHz, 512MB RAM, FireWire 400 port, G4 accelerator cards not supported/G5 required for sample rates above 96kHz
- Takes up one rackspace
- 19 x 9.26 x 1.79"
- 7.23 lbs