One Heck-of-a Swell Effect Pedal!
Strum a chord (the Philosopher King handles polyphonic sound just fine) and easy the sound in like an orchestral crescendo. Turn on the auto reset and soften every note as you finger pick a melodic run. Or try this: set just the distortion to wash in as you play a soaring solo, allowing the perfect touch of grit to bite in as your notes fade. Or trigger the envelope off of your drummer's kick, adding an extra layer of rhythm to your performance. Or create a mind-blowing wash of noise by cranking the sustain. These are just some of the possibilities the Philosopher King opens up to you. If you're ready to get totally creative with your guitar's dynamics, then you need this awesome pedal!
Pigtronix Philosopher King ADSR Envelope/Compression Pedal Features at a Glance:
- Optical Compressor with outrageous sustain
- ADSR envelope generator for guitar
- Polyphonic operation allows use with chords
- Grit control for Pigtronix "F.A.T. Distortion"
- 2K treble cut/boost control
- Expression pedals input lets you control Swell and Fade Times
- Pick-triggered volume swell
- OneShot Mode and Auto Reset function let you define triggering characteristics
- CV I/O for integration with other synthesis components
- Trigger input for and external rhythm source
- True bypass preserves your sound when deactivated
- Circuit Design by Howard Davis
- Sound Design by David Koltai
- Pigtronix 18V DC adapter included