Like, Totally Align Your Phase, Dude!The Radial Phazer works with any instrument, letting you easily put two sound sources into phase alignment for even fatter, richer tones. There's one dial on the Phazer so you can quickly find the sweet spot between zero and 180 degrees, and a polarity reverse switch that offers access to the 181-360 degree range for some seriously one-of-a-kind tonal textures. Plus, a variable lowpass filter lets you focus the effect in the lower frequency spectrum where phasing is most audible. Improve your sound today with the easy-to-use, ruggedly made Radial Phazer.
Radial Phazer at a Glance:
- Easily time align two signals for fat, rich tones
- Single dial control gets you there fast
- Low-pass filter lets you focus the effect
- Made tough for the road
Easily time align two signals for fat, rich tones
With the Radial Phazer, you can bring two line level signals into phase for impressive results. Combine the direct feed of an electric amp with a room microphone to make fat, rich tones. Or, on a kick drum, combine the "attack" sound from a batter head microphone with the "boom" captured by a resonant head microphone. Likewise, combine the top and bottom microphones on a snare, or add texture to your acoustic instruments by combining a close "spot" microphone with a room microphone - however you use the Radial Phazer, you'll enjoy singing, synced-up tones you never thought possible.
Single dial control gets you there fast
The Radial Phazer has one knob that makes it simple to zone in on the sweet spot between zero and 180 degrees. For the more adventurous, a 180 degree polarity reverse switch accesses the 181 to 360 degree range and lets you make weird to absurd "Phazed" tonal textures. The Phazer itself was designed from the ground up for optimum sound quality and sports 100 percent discreet class-A circuitry for the ultimate in smooth and natural sounding phase curves.
Lowpass filter lets you focus the effect
Phase changes in upper frequencies are often inaudible - because of this, Radial gave the Phazer a high-cut filter (lowpass) to eliminate some of the phase anomalies and better focus the phase effect where it matters most - in the bass. A filter on/off switch lets you compare the filter effect with the original tone. A cutoff range has been provided that lets you select between 38kHz down to 3kHz range or from the 3.8kHz down to 300Hz range. A smooth 6dB per octave filter is applied which is then controlled via the cut-off knob.
Made tough for the road
The Phazer is equipped with an innovative book-end design that creates a protective zone around the knobs and switches. Construction is 14-gauge steel with welded internal I-Beam frame that protects the sensitive electronics in even the harshest touring environments.
Radial Phazer Features:
- Circuit: Class A, 100% discrete components
- Inputs: 1/4" & XLR 10K ohm both balanced
- Outputs: XLR 600 ohm balanced & 1/4" 1K ohm unbalanced
- Connectors: XLR female input, XLR male output AES standard pin-1 ground, pin-2 hot, 1/4" (TRS - balanced), (TS - unbalanced)
- Ground Lift: Lifts pin 1 on the XLR output
- Phase Shift: 0-degrees to 180-degrees degree control - w/Phase Reverse switch on - 180-degrees to 360-degrees
- lowpass Filter: Variable from 300Hz to 3KHz and from 3KHz to 30KHz
- Polarity (electrical): Reverses pins 2 and 3, extends phase shift from 181-degrees to 360-degrees
- Bypass: True-Bypass with relay
- Power supply: 15VDC 400mA power supply included
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis and outer shell, baked enamel finish
- Size: 5.8"w x 3.8"d x 1.8"h (147mm x 96.5mm x 46mm)
- Weight: 1.75 lb (0.82kg)