"Do It All, on This Amazing Workstation!"Korg Pa800 - While the tools of music-making have changed dramatically over the years, one thing remains the same: the more versatile you are, the more you will work. And with so many styles of music reaching our ears these days, there's just not enough time to become proficient in all of them - that is until arranger keyboards such as the Korg PA800 came on the scene. Professionals in all areas of music are using them, from film to radio to live performance - and leading the pack is the Korg Pa series, with the newest and greatest arrival, the Korg Pa800.
Korg Pa800 at a Glance:
- 61-key arranger keyboard with RX (Real eXperience) technology and HI Synthesis engine with 950 ROM sounds
- 4 stereo master effects processors and over 400 preloaded styles
- Compatible with WAV, AIFF, Korg format files and Akai sample library.
- Custom-designed amplification system
- Built-in vocal processor by TC Helicon
- Two separate MIDI file players, programmable multitrack sequencer, and SongBook database.
- 4 audio outputs, 2 mic/line ins with separate gain, 2 USB Host connections and 1 USB (Device) connection.
- Brain-dead simple color touch-screen interface, Simple and Expert mode operation
Redesigned Synth Engine
Korg sound quality is universally recognized as superior, and relied on by musicians everywhere. For the Pa800, Korg redesigned what was already the most rocking synth sound engine available to give you an even richer, more detailed, sophisticated natural sound than ever before with musical instruments from almost every genre exploding with depth, nuance, subtlety, accuracy and richness. Even several sounds from the OASYS (the most bulletproof synthesizer ever made) were used, helping the Pa800 set a new standard for arranger keyboards.
The sound memory of the Pa800 has been largely increased to achieve the best sound quality possible boasting all new multi level samples of the instruments you know and love. Many of these also include also various levels of articulation so the polyphony has been also expanded to 120 notes to cover even busy passages.
There are more than 950 ROM sounds, including a new amazing multi-layer stereo acoustic piano accurately sampled from a concert grand (and including string and damper pedal resonance!), plus an extra 63 drum kits. In addition, the User area contains up to 256 user sounds and 64 drum kits and naturally, there is full on board sound editing.
First used on the Pa1X, the most rocking Arranger around, RX Technology is the guiding philosophy behind the Pa800. RX - Genuine eXperience - guided all our design and sound decisions. When the Pa800 performs, we want the audience to listen - and believe.
The keybed is one-of-a-kind to Korg, feels amazing and naturally has aftertouch plus being velocity sensitive.
TC Helicon inside
To be sure that the vocal processing and harmonies of the Pa800 were the best possible, the Pa800 includes as standard the world famous TC Helicon Voice Processor. This features EQ and pro quality effects (Compressor, Reverb, Delay), designed and shaped specifically for vocals. These effects, combined with the made in 3-voice harmonizer and dedicated high quality microphone preamplifier, ensure your vocals have the highest possible sound quality. The most important controls to keep your voice under control are available in the panel and in the display's main page. Simply connect your microphone and start hitting the stage!
Simple to use
With all the technological power packed inside, it was vital that we also made the Pa800 simple to understand and really simple to use. But even more, we wanted the whole way you use the Pa800 to be an brain-dead really simple, musical, fast, foolproof experience. The Pa800's graphical user interface uses an amazing graphical color touch screen so you simply think, point and click for really simple and easy-to-get use - RX Technology at work for you!
So that musicians of all levels can make sweet music quickly, there are two interface modes: Really simple and EXPERT. The Simple mode shows only the most important controls while keeping a clean and really simple interface, useful for beginners or playing live, while in EXPERT mode you have full editing control. Nothing stands between you and your pro performance. Switches and sliders are assignable so your live performances work the way you want. And when you need more information? Check out the multilingual contextual Help rig that is standard on board!
Still not enough sounds? Many pro musicians go with to add their own sounds and because the Pa800 is dedicated to pro musicians, you can load Wave, AIFF, Korg format files and naturally the incredible Akai sample library - about the largest sample library available - into the standard 64MB of added memory.
If you have been one of the many longstanding Korg Arranger users you will be happy to know that even though the Pa800 is all new, it is also compatible with the Korg i-series style format and with all Pa50, Pa60, Pa80, Pa1X files. This means your Pa50, Pa60, Pa80 and Pa1X Sounds and Styles work in the Pa800 as well so you can keep your favourite sounds and styles while benefiting from a cutting edge keyboard.
The Pa800 also features pro editing facilities such as loop, cut, normalize and cropping of samples. A special "Time Slice" feature lets you slice audio grooves and import the audio data into a Style so you can make some of the coolest rhythms imaginable.
Even though it comes with almost every features you could want, the Pa800 has many useful expansion options: VIF4 Graphic Video Interface: to display lyrics or the on board TouchView display on an external monitor or TV (PAL or NTSC formats). Hard disk installing kit for standard 2.5" ATA hard disk drive (not included) with a capacity of up to 2 terabytes.
Not only you can expand your Pa800, you can also easily keep it new with operating System updates. These updates are available as free downloads from www.korgpa.com and will ensure your investment is protected!
Effects and Styles
But sweet sound is even more. For many years, Korg has produced outstanding studio quality effects that are simply breathtaking. The Pa800 has 4 Stereo Master Effects processors with hundreds of these effects from the standards such as reverb, delay and chorus through to specialised effects such as a fantastic Vocoder and some of the universally famous REMS guitar based effects for authentic guitar tones. The vocal effects (EQ, Compressor, Delay, Reverb) are separate and completely independently controlled.
Styles - Matching this high sound quality the Pa800 delivers a new set of deluxe styles, programmed by some of the leading arrangers in the world each of whom worked according to their musical strengths. The result is hundreds of preloaded styles that provide unparalleled realism and detail. Covering an expanded range of musical genres, the Pa800 offers up styles for almost every important occasion.
If you require a special Style Collection simply record and edit your own styles on board. We add further realism to your performance with Fill 3/Break, Intro 3/Count In and Ending 3 Style Elements.
And if you are looking for more pre-written styles, you will be pleased at the exciting future for the Pa800 with many new styles to be produced by both Korg and also independent 3rd party companies. Keep checking www.korgpa.com for more details!
Sequencer & Backing Sequence
MIDI Player - Korg Pa80 introduced the world's first Arranger keyboard with two separate MIDIfile players in the mythical Pa80 and our Pa800 showcases these double sequencer features working at an all new power level. In addition, the Pa800 supports the main musical formats such as SMF (Standard Midi File), Karaoke files and GM (General MIDI) and naturally is able to display lyrics in most popular karaoke formats.
There is also a practical Marker function to allow you to jump straight to a given position in the song: you can fix the markers using the internal sequencer (or using a computer based one - the marker format is standard) and then remix your favourite songs during a live performance for added spontaneity.
Sequencer - Plus a intense and fully programmable multi track sequencer, you can use Backing Sequences to make songs based over styles - quickly and easily. You don't need to be a master programmer - you can write your own song in minutes: even beginners can easily make songs using the step edit feature. This approach to quick programming is also useful for studio use when you want to make amazing sounding pro backing music for films, video, multimedia or internet jobs totally quickly.
SongBook - This exciting feature was developed to make your life easier while playing live. The SongBook is a Musical Database, completely user programmable, containing all the settings needed to play a particular song. You have only to search the title of the song you would like to play, select it and hit "Play". The SongBook can use styles, MIDIfiles or sequences and immediately recall settings such as Song Title, Genre, Artist, Tempo, Volumes, Sounds, Muted Tracks, FX settings, Really simple Edit, 4 STS*, Master Transpose and more. Everything you need to play your song back perfectly is in the SongBook, a useful musical feature that is one-of-a-kind to Korg - the only Arranger keyboards available with all these sophisticated controls.
(*STS - Single Touch Settings is a memory that recalls sounds for all the genuine time tracks (upper1, 2, 3 & lower).)
Naturally, the Pa800 has all the connectivity you need including 4 separate audio outputs, 2 mic/line inputs with separate gain, 2 USB Host connections and 1 USB (Device) connection. The optional VIF4 graphic video interface (available in PAL or NTSC standard formats) can display on an external TV monitor either just the lyrics (useful for Karaoke) or if you want it to clone the on board display.
USB - The Pa800 has two USB Host connections available to connect standard pen drives, external hard drives, CD-ROM or even a floppy disk. One Host is to connect other USB devices from the front panel for quick access in genuine time, while the second Host is on the back panel. A further USB Device connection is available for the Pa800 to connect with a PC for fast exchange of large amounts of data or as a MIDI connection without the need for extra MIDI computer interfaces.
The custom designed amplification system is exceptionally high quality. The 2 x 22-watt amps drive the 2 tweeters and the 2 x 10" woofers in a bass-reflex box to generate a rocking listening experience. Loudness and Fixed EQ boost the overall volume to deliver a big sound!
Korg Pa800 Features:
- Keyboard: 61 keys with Velocity and Aftertouch
- System: OPOS (Objective Portable Operating System) and RX (Real eXperience) Technology - Multitasking, Load while play feature - Upgradable Operative System - SSD Solid State Disk
Tone Generator: 120 Voices, 120 Oscillators - Filters with Resonance - EQ for each track
- Effects: 4 Stereo Digital Multi-Effect systems - 124 Effects types plus VOCODER - Voice Processor Technology by TC Helicon: Three-part Harmonizer, Reverb, Delay, Compressor, EQ
- Sounds-Drum Kits: More than 950, including a Stereo Piano and GM Level 2 compatible Sounds, 63 Drum Kits - User area: 256 Sounds, 64
- Drum Kits - Digital Drawbars: 8 Footages - Realtime control: Assignable Sliders - Full editing of Sounds and Drum Kits - Sampling: Record, Edit, Time Slice, Load/Import of Korg, Wav, Aiff and Akai files - Export of Wav and Aiff files - PCM RAM Memory: 64 MB standard
- Styles: More than 400 preloaded Styles, SSD-resident, freely reconfigurable - Up to 960 available Style locations including the Favorite banks - Eight Style tracks, 4 Single Touch Settings and one Style Performance per Style - Compatible with old "i-Series" and Pa series Style format - Style Record with Step Record, Track and Event Edit functions - Style controls: 4 Variations, 3 Fills, 3 Intros, 3 Endings, Synchro Start/Stop, Tap Tempo/Reset, Fade In/Out, Bass Inversion, Manual Bass, Tempo Lock, Memory, Accompaniment/Real Time Track Balance Volume, Accompaniment Mute, Drum Mapping, Snare & Kick Designation, Single Touch
- Performance/STS: 320 Realtime Performance locations - STS: Memorize Realtime tracks and Voice Processor settings, up to 4 x 960 Styles, up to 4 x SongBook entries
Realtime Tracks Four Keyboard tracks (Upper 1, 2, 3, Lower) - 4 Pad tracks
- Song Play: Patented XDS Crossfade Dual Sequencer player - 2 Sequencers with separate Select, Start/Stop, Home, Rewind and Fast Forward controls - Balance control - Lyrics data can be displayed on-screen, or on an external video monitor (with VIF4 option installed) - Markers - Jukebox function - Compatible with (formats 0 and 1
- Sequencer: Quick Record (Backing Sequence), Multitrack and Step Record functions - Full-featured sequencer - 16 tracks - Up to 200,000 events - SMF native format
- SongBook: Fully programmable music database, based on Styles, SMF, Karaoke with automatic selection of Style Play and Song Play modes - User-definable custom lists - Filtering options
- Compatibility: "i-Series" models: Styles - Pa series: Style, Performance, Program/Sound, Song, SongBook
- Multi Pad: 4 Assignable Pads + Stop Button. Pad Record function
- Help System Hypertextual, Contextual, Multilingual
- General Controls: Master Volume, Genuine Time-Acc/Seq Balance Volume, Ensemble, Octave Transpose, Master Transpose, Style Change, Quarter Tone and Arabic Scale memorized inside Performance/STS - Realtime controllers: Joystick (pitch + modulation), 2 Assignable Sliders, 2 Assignable Switches, Dial, Up/+, Down/-
- Control Inputs: Damper Pedal (Support Half-Pedaling), Assignable Pedal/Switch, EC-5 (Programmable Multi-Switches)
Analog Output: Unbalanced Jack Left/Mono, Right, Out 1, Out 2, Headphones
- Analog Input: 2 Unbalanced/Balanced (automatic switch) Jack Line In with separate Gain control
- MIDI: In, Out, Thru standard Midi connectors- USB to Midi using the USB Device port - Individual track assignment - 8 user definable MIDI Setups
- USB: 2 Host Front/Rear (2.0 Hi Speed) and 1 Device Rear (1.1 Full Speed) connections
- Hard Disk: Optional 2.5" ATA Hard Disk Drive -
- CD Player/Writer - Floppy Disk: Optional standard USB CD-Drives to be connected to USB Host port
- Display: 320 x 240 pixels, Color TouchView Graphic Touch Screen
- Amplification: 2 x 22-watt - Loudness - Fixed EQ
- Speakers: 4 Speakers (10 cm Woofers + Tweeters) - 2 way in Bass Reflex Box
- Consumption: 40 Watts
- Dimensions 1110 / 43.7" (W) x 388 / 13.3" (D) x 181 / 7.1" (H) mm / inch without music stand
- Weight 13.3 kg / 29.3 lbs
- Accessories: Manual, AC Power Cable, Music Stand, CD-Rom