Killer Feel and All the Tools You Need to Write Music!The Korg Pa588 88-key arranger keyboard sports amazing sound, incredible flexibility, and different modes that make it simple to use for beginners while allowing full functionality for expert. Whether you're a musician, composer, performer or just want to put amazing sounds together, the Pa588 is a awesome tool. It uses Korg's Genuine eXperience technology to bring you killer sound - plus, the Pa588 sports 88 hammer-action keys for a completely natural feel. With amazing Korg features such as the XDS Dual Sequencer, easy-to-get TouchView interface, and a 4-way joystick for realistic articulation, the Pa588 is a winner!
Korg Pa588 Arranger Keyboard at a Glance:
- Incredible sound and effects
- Switch sounds fast and hit the stage creative sequencing
- Weighted keys for a natural piano feel
- Dual Sequencer
- Save it for later
- Really simple and Expert modes, Songbook
- Styles and guitar parts
Weighted keys for a natural piano feel
The Korg Pa588 sports 88 of their RH3 graded hammer-action keys, complete with velocity. This allows for an even more natural playing experience - much like sitting behind any old school acoustic piano. Plus, Korg gave the Pa588 a premium piano sound, the C720. With the expressive keys and realistic sound the Pa588 is a incredible keyboard for anyone familiar with an acoustic piano, yet seeking pro-level arranging features.
Incredible sound and effects
It all begins with sound. Based on the EDS (Extended Definition Synthesis) engine found in the Korg M3, Pa800 and Pa2XPro, the Pa588 rocks 80 voices of polyphony and a breathtaking quality of sound. Over 880 fully editable sounds are preloaded (including a full GM soundset and 56 drum kits), representing a full range of musical instruments from almost every genre - each exploding with depth, nuance, subtlety, accuracy and richness. The User area has space for up to 128 user sounds and 64 drum kits. The Pa588 offers four stereo processors plus a Final semi-parametric three band EQ containing a treasure trove of effects, from rich reverbs and dazzling delays to guitar-type modeling effects from Korg's renowned REMS series - 124 different effects in all. And you'll appreciate the separate three-band EQ on each track so you can shape the tone for that perfect sound.
Styles and guitar parts
This arranger features a deluxe set of styles, programmed by some of the leading arrangers in the world; each of whom worked according to their musical strengths. The result is over 320 preloaded Styles that provide unparalleled realism and detail, adding anything from tasteful guitar picking, a tight bass and drum groove, a powerhouse R & B rhythm section all the way up to a full orchestra! Styles follow your timing, voice leading and chord changes to make an amazingly defined musical performance in real-time. With up to eight parts, four variations, three intros/count-in, three fills/break and three endings, each Style is a complete musical environment. More parts or "riffs" can be sequenced and triggered in genuine time using the assignable Pads. Cutting-edge features such as Syncro Start/Stop, Fade In/Out, Assignable Pads, Tap Tempo and Manual Bass allow you to spontaneously add complex and pro touches to your performances. Creating convincing guitar parts from a keyboard has never been simple - until now! When creating a guitar part for your Style, you can chose a chord, capo position, and literally transform the keyboard into the fretted strings of the chord to allow realistic picking patterns, strums, chokes, slides, hammer-ons and other "guitar-specific" artifacts. The result is stunning. Best of all, the Pa588 can automatically enhance the guitar tracks of existing Standard MIDI Files.
Switch sounds fast and hit the stage creative sequencing
Need to switch sounds fast? Four STS (Single Touch Settings) buttons allow you to have up to four sounds split and layered across the keyboard and switch them all instantly with one button press. The STS assignments can be saved independently for each Style. Each of the 256 Performance settings can instantly recall the Style, Sounds, effects, tempo, key and scale used to hit the stage a particular song. In addition to old school "track at a time" workstation sequencing, the Backing Sequencer lets you make songs quickly and easily by capturing multiple Style powered parts at once. You don't need to be a master programmer - even beginners can write their own song in minutes. In fact, you don't even need to play at all! Using the Step Edit/Entry feature, you can simply type in the chord changes, fills and style changes in step-time - a big boost for arrangers and non-keyboardists. This quick approach to programming is also useful in the studio for creating pro, great-sounding backing music for commercial, film, video, multimedia or internet jobs. The sequencer rocks massive editing power - you can even edit the tone parameters of each track.
With Korg's XDS Dual Sequencer, one can load as the other plays, and a DJ-style cross fader can blend between them, providing a seamless, continuous musical performance. The Pa588 can playback SMF (Standard Midi File), Karaoke files, and GM (General MIDI) files - and is able to display lyrics in most popular karaoke formats. There is also a practical Marker function to allow you to jump straight to a given position in the song: you can fix the markers using the internal sequencer (or using a computer based one - the marker format is standard) and then remix your favorite songs during a live performance for added spontaneity.
Really simple and Expert modes, Songbook
The Pa588 includes two interface modes: Simple and Expert. The Simple mode shows only the essential elements with bright, bold icons - useful for beginners or playing live - while Expert mode rocks full editing control. And when you need more details, check out the on-board contextual Help Rig - in any of seven languages! In addition to 61-velocity sensing keys, the Pa588 offers a four-way joystick, assignable switch, assignable slider, assignable pedal jack and four pads provide the tools to spice up your performance by changing effect settings, adding or muting parts, slowing the tempo, or even adding "mini-sequenced" solo, arpeggio, or backing riffs. Nothing stands between you and your pro performance. The exciting SongBook feature was developed to make your life easier while playing live. The SongBook is a musical database, completely user programmable, containing all the settings needed to play a particular song. You have only to search for the song you would like to play by Song Title, Genre, Artist, Tempo, etc. and press "play". Each SongBook entry will instantly recall every setting you've saved in order to play that song perfectly - Sounds, Style, Performance, Volumes, Muted Tracks, FX settings, Simple Edit, STS settings, Master Transpose and more. This indispensable musical feature is one-of-a-kind to Korg.
Save it for later
In addition to providing a USB/MIDI computer connection for moving and saving data, the Pa588 can also save and read data from SD / MMC memory cards for instant access to your custom data, MIDI files and songs. The back panel also features MIDI (In, Out), Audio Ins (1, 2) and Outs (L, R), headphone jack, plus a damper pedal and an assignable pedal connection.
Korg Pa588 Arranger Keyboard Features:
- Keyboard: 88 RH3 graded hammer-aciton keys with Velocity
- C720 piano sound
- System: OPOS (Objective Portable Operating System) and RX (Real eXperience) Technology - Multitasking, Load while play feature - Upgradable Operative Rig - SSD Solid State Disk
- Tone Generator: EDS (Extended Definition Synthesis) 80 Voices, 80 Oscillators - Filters with Resonance - Three band EQ for each track
- Effects: Four stereo digital multi-effect systems - 124 effects types
- Sounds/Drum Kits: 880 Sounds, including a Stereo Piano and GM Level 2 compatible Sounds, 56 Drum Kits - User area: 128 Sounds, 64 Drum Kits - Realtime control: Assignable Slider, Switch - Full editing of Sounds and Drum Kits
- Styles: More than 320 preloaded Styles, SSD-resident, freely reconfigurable - Up to 448 available Style locations- 64 User Styles - Eight Style tracks, 4 Single Touch Settings and one Style Performance per Style - Guitar Track, Parallel and Fixed NTT - Compatible with old "i-Series" and Pa series Style format - Style Record with Step Record, Track and Event Edit functions - Style controls: 4 Variations, 3 Fills, 3 Intros, 3 Endings, Synchro Start/Stop, Tap Tempo/Reset, Fade In/Out, Bass Inversion, Manual Bass, Tempo Lock, Memory, Accompaniment/Real Time Track Balance Volume, Accompaniment Mute, Drum Mapping, Snare & Kick Designation, Single Touch
- Performance/STS: 256 Realtime Performance locations - STS: Memorize Realtime tracks settings, up to 4 x 512 Styles, up to 4 x SongBook entries - All programmable
- Realtime Tracks:Four Keyboard tracks (Upper 1, 2, 3, Lower) - 4 Pad tracks
- Song Play: Patented XDS Crossfade Dual Sequencer player - 2 Sequencers with separate Select, Start/Stop, Home, Rewind and Fast Forward controls - Balance control - Lyrics data can be displayed on-screen - Markers - Jukebox function - Compatible with SMF (formats 0 and 1)
- Sequencer: Quick Record (Backing Sequence), Multitrack and Step Record functions - Full-featured sequencer - 16 tracks - Up to 200,000 events - SMF native format
- SongBook: Fully programmable music database, based on Styles, SMF, Karaoke, with automatic selection of Style Play and Song Play modes - User-definable custom lists - Filtering options
- Compatibility: "i-Series" models: Styles - Pa series: Style, Performance, Program/Sound, Song, SongBook, Pad
- Multi Pad: Four Assignable Pads + Stop Button. Pad Record function
- Help System: Hypertextual, Contextual, Multilingual
- General Controls: Master Volume, Genuine Time-Acc/Seq Balance Volume, Ensemble, Octave Transpose, Master Transpose, Style Change, Split, Quarter Tone Arabic Scale , User Scale memorized inside Performance/STS - Realtime controllers:
- Joystick (pitch + modulation), 1 Assignable Slider, 1 Assignable Switch, Dial, Up/+, Down/-
- Control Inputs: Damper Pedal, Assignable Pedal/Footswitch
- Analog Output: Unbalanced Jack Left/Mono, Right, Headphones
- Analog Input: Two Unbalanced Line In Jacks
- MIDI: I/O standard MIDI connectors- USB to MIDI using the USB Device port
- USB: One USB Device connection (1.1 Full Speed)
- Card Slot: SD (Secure Digital) Card and MultiMedia Card (MMC) Memory Devices
- Display: 320 x 240 pixels, Monochrome TouchView Graphic Touch Screen
- Amplification: 2 x 15-watt - Fixed EQ
- Speakers: Two Dual Cone Speakers in Bass Reflex Box
- Power Supply: DC 12V external power supply (supplied)
- Dimensions: (W x D x H) 56.6" x 17" x 6.3" without music rest
- Weight: 67.24 lbs.
- Accessories: Manual, AC adapter, Music Stand, CD-ROM