Pro-quality USB Interface!
Notice how it's called the Avid Pro Tools Mbox with Pro Tools Express, not the Mbox 3? That's because the Pro Tools Mbox is a whole new beast. We're talking about completely new drivers, completely new converters, and (oh yes) completely new preamps... and they're all seriously smokin' hot. That's right, Avid called in the big shots from their crew and built some of the best sounding preamps and converters any native interface has ever had... and you know what they did, they put them on their new Pro Tools Mbox with Pro Tools Express without sending the price into orbit. Crazy, huh? And that's not to say the Pro Tools Mbox with Pro Tools Express doesn't have some killer new features either. Check it out!
Let's start off with the onboard DSP. Now you can add reverb or a touch of delay to vocals as you record, without either futzing with annoying hardware or bogging down your system with latency. If you've ever tried recording vocals completely dry, then you know how big a deal this is. Another major upgrade are the Softclip tape-saturation-style limiters both of the Pro Tools Mbox's preamp come equipped with. Just to put this into perspective, these are the same limiters found on the new Avid HD interfaces... yeah, they're that cool. Maybe not quite as cool, but still totally useful is the built-in guitar tuner. Hey, a handy tuner has saved more than a recording project or two.
Last but certainly not least is the front panel multi-function button that lets you pull off some handy tricks inside Pro Tools software, like duplicating the track you have selected and then record arming it while disarming the old track - great solo recording tool. Not interested in Pro Tools? Go ahead, use whatever DAW you want - these new drivers are ready for anything. Heck, you can even use your Mbox to get higher-quality audio out of iTunes... even on a PC. Yup, these new drivers even include WDM support. So you get an incredibly advanced audio interface and free Pro Tools Express DAW software to get you going - what's not to love? Buy it for the quality, love the DAW, and get creative with the complete system that is the Avid Pro Tools Mbox with Pro Tools Express!
Avid Pro Tools Mbox with Pro Tools Express Features:
- Compatible with most major audio software, including Pro Tools, Logic, Live, Cubase, and more
- Pro Tools Express DAW software included
- Includes all-new ASIO, Core Audio, WDM, MME, and multiclient drivers
- 4 x 4 simultaneous channels of I/O
- 2 x XLR mic/line combo inputs with 48V phantom power
- 2 x 1/4" DI inputs on front panel for easy access
- 2 x balanced 1/4" monitor outputs
- 1 x 1/4" stereo headphone output with volume control
- Stereo S/PDIF digital I/O
- MIDI I/O
- Bus-powered USB 2.0 connection for maximum mobility
- Professional grade circuitry and converters deliver exceptional audio performance
- Up to 24-bit/96kHz sample rates
- Softclip limiter lets you track hot signals without clipping, providing a classic overdriven tape saturation sound
- Built-in guitar tuner
- Onboard DSP offers flexible cue mixing and reverb effects
- Assignable Pro Tools multifunction button on interface gives you fast access to software functions
- Monitor control section with Mono and Dim controls
- Dedicated monitor volume knob