Stick it On a Pole or Slap it On the Stage!In live sound, you know there are a couple of universal truthes that go hand in hand: 1) if it works then it's right, and 2) every night's different from the rest. Sometimes, you're going to need a powerful top box to blast over the mob; then next night, you'll play somewhere so small you only need a pair of 15"s to cover the room; and the night after that, 15"s are only going to be enough for stage monitors. Sheesh! That's a lot to keep up with... that is, unless you've got a pair of JBL PRX615M 15" active 2-way loudspeakers.
If you haven't caught the buzz about JBL's PRX600 series yet, there's a reason everyone's talking about it. Just like the 15" PRX615M loudspeaker, all of these bad boys feature the latest super-efficient class D amplifier technology and lightweight cabinet design - only 43.5 lbs. for the 1,000-watt PRX615M. That means when you load in, you won't throw out your back, and when it's time to pack up for the night, you won't hate yourself for lugging around monster speakers. But while the weight's gone down, the power's kicked up a notch. PRX600 series loudspeakers totally cut through the ambient noise that's always gonna be there if the band doesn't suck. And these speakers are built to last, night after night after night.
JBL PRX615M Active Loudspeaker Features at a Glance:
- 15", 2-way stage monitor or front of house self-powered speaker system
- 1,000-watt (2 x 500-watt) Crown Class D amplifier
- DSP-featured input section with selectable EQ
- 45Hz-19kHz full-range frequency response
- 48Hz-20kHz monitor frequency response
- 1 x 15" differential drive woofer
- 1 x 1.5" annular, polymer-diaphragm compression drive
- DuraFlex-covered 18mm plywood enclosure
- 16-gauge foam-backed steel grille
- 36mm pole socket
- Non-skid rubber feet
- Weight: 43.5 lbs.
- Max SPL: 135dB (full range), 134dB (monitor)
- Dimensions: 21.5" x 20.5" x 27.4"