Great Little Mixer!Mackie continues to make live-sound solutions with the PPM Series powered mixers. These PPM mixers are surprisingly lightweight, but tremendously intense with the PPM1012 sporting two individual power amps, with one 800-watt power amp handling the mains and one delivering 800 watts to the monitors. Mackie designed the PPM1012 with Class D amps that produce max power with minimum heat. A built-in limiter protects your speakers from damaging peaks. All of these design elements merge to make a rugged and intense mixer to make the PPM1012 the centerpiece of your live rig.
Mackie PPM1012 at a Glance:
- Well equipped
- Absolutely Armored
- "Gig Ready" Effects
The PPM1012 uses premium Mackie preamplifiers ensure transparent, low-noise/high-headroom characteristics right at the front of the mixer. The PPM1012 offers 8 mic/line channels with trusted Mackie preamplifiers with true 48V phantom power that allows every condenser microphone to hit the stage at its full potential. Also included is Mackie's 3-band active EQ with mid-sweep straight off the tremendously popular VLZ3 mixer series, making sweetening any channel a breeze. Individual mono channel inserts allow you to use your favorite compressor or other outboard processing on a critical instrument or voice. Dedicated in-line compressors (ch. 1-6) bring brain-dead simple but sweet dynamics with the single twist of a knob. Dual graphic EQs are provided for both mains and monitors. These EQs feature tight, constant-Q Filters that effect only the frequency range you've intended. High-resolution12-segment meters enable more visibility of your signal, and the super quick response of the meters allows what you see to translate quickly and easily to what you hear.
"Gig Ready" Effects
Dual (as in 2) RMFX+ (Running Man FX) effects processors bring "gig-ready" effects to your mixes. The RMFX+ processor features 24 solid FX that are known for their utility and usability. Small, medium and large room reverbs with the choice of a warm or bright characteristic put your mix in the right space. Brain-dead simple, rich choruses and an array of practical delays with common amounts of repeats enable you to make pro mixes without requiring a two-hour sound check. Also, the RMFX+ is the first built-in processor to sport a user tap function. So if you want to use a delay, but the preset delay time doesn't work, you can tap it in instantly! Basically, Mackie delivered a full rack of gear at your fingertips that is simple to master, allowing you to look and sound good at your next gig.
Armored and ready for action, the PPM1012 is encased in solid metal, protecting it from years of abuse and one too many spilled beverages. The integrated front handle lets you easily pick it up and get going, and it is rack-mountable for added rigidity and security.
Mackie PPM1012 Features:
- Full-featured 12-Channel, 1600W (800W mains and 800W monitors) Powered Desktop Mixer
- 4-segment LEDs and solo PFL on every channel
- 800W + 800W Mackie designed Class-D, Fast Recovery power amplifiers
- 32-bit dual RMFX+ processor with 24 "Gig Ready", useable reverbs, choruses, and tap delay for live applications
- 8 mic/line mono ins and 2 stereo line ins for flexible connectivity
- Mackie high-headroom, low-noise microphone preamps with RF rejection for pristine signal
- New Dedicated In-line Compression has increased presence and punch for vocals and instruments
- Mackie's 3-Band EQ with a Mid sweep (100Hz-8kHz) on mono channels & 4-band active EQ on stereo line channels 7 & 8
- 2 built-in DI boxes for direct instrument connections on channels 7 & 8
- 4 Aux sends - 2 FX & 2 Mon
- Dual 9-band graphic EQ on the Mains and Monitor outputs for tuning rooms and monitor mixes
- Mono out with level control & lowpass filter selectable from 75Hz-100Hz
- 3-Mode Amp for ultra-flexible routing, selectable as Mains Stereo L/R, Mono Mains/Monitor 1, or Mon 1 & Mon 2
- Precision Passive EQ for enhanced clarity and LF response with Mackie passive loudspeakers
- 48v Phantom power available for all microphone inputs
- Headphone out with level control
- 12v BNC lamp Jack
- Metal chassis with a handle made into the front of the mixer for simple transport
- Rack ears included
- Lightweight and portable (29lbs)