Great Little Powered Mixer!Mackie continues to make live-sound solutions with the PPM Series powered mixers. These PPM mixers are surprisingly lightweight, but tremendously strong with the PPM1008 sporting two individual power amps, with one 800-watt power amp handling the mains and one delivering 800 watts to the monitors. Mackie designed the PPM1008 with Class D amps that produce max power with minimum heat. A built-in limiter protects your speakers from damaging peaks. All of these design elements merge to make a rugged and intense mixer to make the PPM1008 the centerpiece of your live rig.
Mackie PPM1008 at a Glance:
- Absolutely Armored
- Well equipped
- "Gig Ready" Effects
The PPM1008 is loaded with premium Mackie preamplifiers to ensure transparent, low-noise/high-headroom characteristics right at the front of the mixer. The PPM1008 offers 8 mic/line channels with these trusted Mackie preamplifiers.True 48V phantom power allows every condenser microphone to hit the stage at its full potential, and the 3-band active EQ straight off the tremendously popular VLZ3 mixer series offers sweetening on every channel. Individual channel inserts (on channels 1-6) allow compressors and other outboard processing on critical instrument or voice channels. Dedicated in-line compressors on channels 1-4 bring brain-dead really simple but sweet dynamics to your mixes. Dual graphic EQs are provided for both mains and monitors. These EQs feature tight, constant-Q Filters that effect only the frequency range you've intended. A high-resolution 12-segment meters enable more visibility of your signal, and the super quick response of the meters allows what you see to translate quickly and easily to what you hear.
"Gig Ready" Effects
The RMFX+ (Running Man FX) 32-bit effects processor brings "gig ready" effects to your mixes. The RMFX+ processor features 24 solid FX that are known for their utility and usability. Small, medium, and large room reverbs with the choice of a warm or bright characteristic put your mix in the right space. Brain-dead simple, rich choruses and an array of practical delays enable you to make pro mixes without requiring a two-hour sound check. Also, the RMFX+ is the first built-in processor to have a user tap function. So if you want to use a delay, but the preset delay time doesn't work, you can tap it in instantly! Basically, Mackie has delivered a full rack of gear at your fingertips that is really simple to master, allowing you to look and sound really good at your next gig.
The PPM1008 is fully armored inside a solid steel chassis, helping to protect the electronics from any potential environmental hazard. Extremely durable polycarbonate ABS end caps will protect the PPM1008 from years of abuse caused by tossing it in and out of the truck or falling off the stool at rehearsal. Each PPM1008 features a rounded front with recessed controls, so if it rolls on its face in the van or gets kicked over at the show, you can be sure that it will emerge damage-free. Two metal side handles allow you to easily pick it up and get going, but it's so ultra-light you won't need both hands!
Mackie PPM1008 Features:
- Full-featured 8-channel, 1600W (800 watts mains, 800 watts monitors), ultra-light powered mixer
- 800W + 800W Mackie designed Class-D, Fast Recovery power amplifiers
- 32-bit RMFX+ processor with 24 "Gig Ready" reverbs, choruses, and tap delay for live applications
- 8 premium Mackie microphone preamps with 48V phantom power and Tip-ring-sleeve inserts (ch 1-6)
- Dedicated in-line compression
- 2 stereo inputs with dual RCA and dual 1/4-inch line inputs for flexible connectivity
- 3-band active channel EQ (80hz, 2.5kHz, 12kHz)
- 2 built-in DI boxes for direct instrument connections
- Separate Monitor and FX auxiliary sends
- Dual 7-Band graphic EQ on the Mains and Monitor outputs for tuning rooms and monitor mixes
- 3-mode amp for ultra-flexible routing, selectable as Mains Stereo L/R, Mono Mains/Monitor 1, or Mon 1 & Mon 2
- Precision Passive EQ for enhanced clarity and LF response with Mackie passive loudspeakers
- Rugged metal handles made into the sides of the mixer case for really simple transport from gig to gig.
- Poly carbonate ABS end caps
- Rounded front chassis design
- Controls are recessed and protected
- Ultra-Lightweight and portable (20lbs)