A serious mic, a serious bargain!If your serious about your singing but you're on a budget, you need Shure's PG58-XLR! The PG58-XLR is a more cost-effective rendition of the longtime favorite on live stages just about everywhere, the world-famous SM58. It shares the same rugged reliability that has made these mics the standard by which all others are judged. Drop it, throw it, submerge it, and abuse it — you can't keep this mic from working! And better yet, the PG58-XLR is affordable, giving virtually every singer access to a quality mic like what the pros use.
As with any mic, sound quality is crucial, and the PG58-XLR reliably offers up crystal-clear feedback-free stage vocals. The frequency response is ideal for vocals, giving your voice presence that easily sits on top of the instrumental mix. From screaming metal vocals to the sensitive stylings of a singer/songwriter — male or female — the PG58-XLR delivers night after night.
Shure PG58-XLR Dynamic Vocal Microphone Features at a Glance:
- Dynamic vocal microphone with a cardioid pickup pattern
- Smooth and extended frequency response that's tuned for vocal performances
- Cardioid polar pickup pattern picks up the most sound from in front of the microphone and some sound from the sides, so it's less susceptible to feedback in high volume settings
- Dynamic cartridge has a simple, rugged coil. Handles extreme volume levels without distortion
- Cartridge includes a neodymium magnet for high output level
- Internal shock mount for reduced handling noise
- Durable metal construction
- Features an on/off switch for onstage control
- Hardened steel mesh ball grille resists wear and abuse
- Integral "pop" filter reduces explosive breath sounds and wind noise
- Includes 15' XLR-to-XLR microphone cable, a break-resistant microphone clip, and a storage bag
Shure PG58-XLR Dynamic Vocal Microphone Specifications:
- Microphone Type: Dynamic (moving coil)
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid (unidirectional)
- Frequency Response: 60Hz to 15kHz
- Output Impedance (at 1000 Hz): 300 ohms
- Sensitivity (at 1000 Hz): -53 dBV/Pa, (2.2 mV), 1 Pascal=94 dB SPL
- Switch: Built-in On/Off switch
- Connector: 3-pin male XLR connector
- Casing: Die-cast metal handle, black matte finish; hardened silver colored, spherical steel mesh grille
- Weight: 11.3 oz.