A Drummer-proof Snare and Tom Mic!There's nothing quite like the kind of stupid you feel when you whack a tom or snare mic and cause the microphone to take a nasty dive onto your gear... or your foot. What gives?! Why aren't more great mics made like the Shure PG56? This puppy's got a mic clip built right into it, so you can't knock it off the stand... well, not unless you manage to hit it really, really hard, that is. But that's not the only reason you should pick up a few PG56s. These mics are specially tuned to snares and toms. They've got a tight pickup pattern, so you don't have to worry about bleed, and an internal shock mount to reduce vibrations from the kit. And because of their low-profile built, PG56s can butt right up to the drum and point exactly at the sweet spot, so you get a better sound without crowding the kit.
Shure PG56 Snare and Tom Dynamic Microphone Features at a Glance:
- A compact drum microphone for close miking
- Tailored frequency response is smooth and extended
- Tuned specifically for drum applications
- Cardioid polar pattern for less feedback or bleed
- Dynamic cartridge has a simple, rugged coil. Handles extreme volume levels without distortion
- Cartridge includes a neodymium magnet for high output level
- Internal shock mount for reduced handling noise
- Durable metal construction
- Integral stand mount
- Hardened steel mesh tapered grille that resists wear and abuse
- Includes 15ft. (4.57m) XLR-XLR cable, A50D drum mount and storage bag.