Cutting Edge Synth Power!Get the best of both worlds! Explore the one-of-a-kind sonic marriage of analog and digital with the slick Poly Evolver Keyboard PE from Dave Smith Instruments. This 4-voice analog/digital synth features two analog oscillators, based on the famous Prophet 5, plus two digital oscillators from the Prophet VS. Expect that analog richness you know and love plus the ability to store and recall your scores of sounds thanks to the digital edge. The Poly Evolver Keyboard PE also has a ton of hands-on tweakability via its seventy-eight knobs - 60 of which are now pots - and 59 switches. Beyond that, you've got an analog-style sequencer for building everything from brain-dead simple loops to complex compositions. That's why the Poly Evolver Keyboard PE is on every synth head's gotta-have list. Yours too.
Dave Smith Instruments Poly Evolver Keyboard PE Synth at a Glance:
- A genuine analog synth with DSP control
- Stereo audio ins for processing external signals
- Unlimited expressive control with 5-octave keyboard plus knobs and switches
- Four complete Evolver synths in one case, with a one-of-a-kind personality
- Wave sequencing and more with four independent analog sequencers
Four Evolver synths, with a one-of-a-kind personality
Fans of the Dave Smith Evolver have been asking for a polyphonic version, and the 4-voice Polyphonic Evolver responds to those requests in a big way. Each of the 4 voices are a complete Evolver synthesizer, which not only has backwards compatibility with a monophonic Evolver, but also allows a number of cool features to play with. Overall, the Poly Evolver Keyboard PE, while retaining all of Evolver's wild capabilities, has emerged with its own personality. Many sounds that sounded amazing on the monophonic Evolver really shine when played polyphonically - this is a genuine pad-monster machine!
Unlimited expressive control with 5-octave keyboard plus knobs and switches
The Poly Evolver Keyboard PE is a player's dream! Its 5-octave keyboard is semi-weighted for playing ease and has velocity and mono aftertouch sensitivity. And with 78 knobs - 60 of which are now pots - and 59 switches, you have virtually unlimited control over filters, resonance, pitch... any parameter! The Poly Evolver also responds to MIDI control messages. Plus, you can chain up to five Polys together for up to 20 voices of polyphony.
A true analog synth...
The Poly Evolver offers everything you'd expect from an analog synth and more! Sure, you can use it to recreate mythical sounds from the past. But you can also use the Poly Evolver to generate never-before-heard sounds and patterns. The analog electronics for each voice consist of two identical (Left/Right) synth sections, each with an analog waveshape oscillator, a 2/4 pole resonant lowpass filter, and a Voltage Controlled Amp (VCA).
...With a digital brain
Surrounding the Poly Evolver's analog electronics is a high-speed Digital Signal Processor (DSP) that both pre- and post-processes the audio signal. Since the DSP also computes the control voltages for the analog circuitry, it can handle many modulation with high precision. The DSP offers audio functions such as the Digital Oscillators, Envelope Follower, the Peak/Hold detector (and associated external trigger generator), High-pass filter, Distortion (with noise gate), Pan, Delay, and Hack. It also handles the Poly Evolver's tuned feedback, and the more Delay feedback paths. All the modulation calculations (envelopes, LFOs, routing, and so on) are DSP-controlled.
Four independent analog sequencers
Each of the Poly Evolver's four voices has its own sequencer. This allows some awesome wave-sequencing jobs by gating sequences polyphonically from the keyboard. Each voice also has its own effects, such as feedback, distortion, and delay, which enables completely independent processing of each voice for a super thick sound.
Stereo audio inputs for processing external signals
The stereo audio inputs on the Poly Evolver go to all four voices, each of which can select to process or ignore the external signals, so you can do quad parallel processing of any audio source. Or, since there are stereo outs on each of the Poly Evolver's four voices, you can route the output of one voice to the In of another voice for some interesting effects.
Once you play a Poly Evolver, you'll immediately hear what's missing with all those soft and virtual synths - genuine personality and individuality.The Poly Evolver is much more than an analog retro synth. It starts with the benefits of true analog design, and then goes well beyond with the tightly integrated digital features. You get all the old stuff plus an all-new sound - check it out!
Dave Smith Instruments Poly Evolver Keyboard PE Features:
- Four-voice analog/digital synthesizer
- Five-octave semi-weighted keyboard, 78 knobs (60 pots), and 59 switches
- Four oscillators in total: two analog, two digital
- Analog oscillator waveshape are sawtooth, triangle, saw-triangle, and pulse (with voltage-controlled analog pulse-width modulation)
- Digital oscillators feature 96 wavetables from the Prophet-VS and 32 user-loadable (via MIDI) wavetables
- Digital oscillators get trashy as the frequency gets higher, as with the original VS
- Hard sync on the analog oscillators
- FM and ring mod on the digital oscillators
- Separate Glide per oscillator, with two glide modes
- Genuine voltage-controlled analog lowpass filters - not digital recreations
- 4-pole/2-pole selectable filters, fully resonant (in 4-pole mode). Two separate filters, one for the left channel and one for the right
- Analog Voltage Controlled Amps (VCA), one for each channel
- Dual digital 4-pole high-pass filters (one per channel) can be placed before or after analog electronics
- Stereo audio inputs; noise generator
- Envelope Follower and Peak Detect from External in to use as modulation sources
- External input can be used to gate envelopes and/or step the sequencers
- Three snappy ADSR envelopes.
- Four LFOs (sync with sequencer and MIDI)
- Dual (left and right channel) tunable feedback loops; modulate frequency and amount
- Delay with 3 taps, each with separate time and amount modulation. Syncs to sequencer/MIDI. Normal feedback and more feedback path through analog filters
- Distortion! Digital, one for each channel, can be placed before or after analog electronics
- 4 Banks of 128 Programs for 384 total Programs - dump to/from MIDI
- 16 x 4 analog-style sequencer - syncs with MIDI
- Lots of modulation capabilities, including audio-range modulation. Bipolar (+/-) modulation
- A bunch of MIDI stuff
- Internal controllers and DSP chips can be reprogrammed via MIDI, for really simple feature additions