PCI to PCIe, Nice!The Magma PE6R4 PCI Express to PCI-X Expansion Rig lets you continue to use PCI cards, even if your computer uses PCI Express slots. Now that computer manufacturers have moved more and more toward PCI Express, you don't want to be left out in the cold with PCI hardware you can't use. The PE6R4 uses a PCI Express host interface card to communicate between its six PCI-X slots and your computer for seamless PCI use. Don't waste your valuable investment just because your computer isn't PCI-compatible - use the fast, cost-effective Magma PE6R4!
Magma PE6R4 PCI Express to PCI-X Expansion Rig at a Glance:
- Fast and flexible
- Brain-dead really simple, effective system
- PCI meets PCI Express
PCI meets PCI Express
The Magma PE6R4 is designed to match the throughput required by the majority of PCI cards on the market today. The expansion chassis contains six PCI-X slots which are connected to the host computer through a 4-lane (x4) PCI Express host interface card and pair of high performance Infiniband cables.
Fast and flexible
PE6R4 offers an simple migration path to new PCI Express based computers while maintaining a consistent PCI configuration. In addition, Magma PE6R4 offers increased I/O capacity and scalability because multiple expansion systems can be combined to provide an almost unlimited number of PCI slots to one computer. As defined by the PCI Local Bus Specification, the theoretical max per single computer is 255 PCI buses. This type of scalability is especially useful in industries such as telecom, data acquisition, video monitoring, server storage, and manufacturing test fixtures.
The Magma PE6R4 rig consists of a PCI Express host card, a pair of high-speed cables and a PCI expansion chassis. The Magma PCI Express host card relays signals from the PCI Express slot inside the computer motherboard to a PCI bridge chip inside the expansion chassis. All six high-performance PCI slots inside the expansion chassis (on one bus segment) appear transparent to the host computer.
Magma PE6R4 PCI Express to PCI-X Expansion System Features:
- Supports universal and 3.3V PCI and PCI-X cards
- Multiple expansion systems can be used with a single computer
- Transparent extension of the PCI Bus outside the computer
- Plug and play installation - expansion system is automatically configured by the system BIOS.
- Visible LEDs indicate correct installation
- Low-profile PCI Express host card is included, no need to purchase separately
- 3-meter iPass cable included
- 6-slot backplane supports all universal and 3.3V PCI and PCI-X cards
- All slots support full-length PCI cards
- 4U, black rack-mount enclosure
- ATX form factor allows backplane to be used in different types of enclosures
- Supports spread spectrum clocking
- Auto-switching 400W or hot-swappable edundant power supply
- Cooling fans in chassis dedicated to keeping the PCI cards cool
- Optional PCI card hold down mechanism prevents cards from being dislodged during transportation