Take This Guy Anywhere!How's this for cool? Sony's new PCM-D1 portable recorder combines trademark pro quality with a heavy-duty enclosure that will make you the envy of everyone in the field. The 2-track PCM-D1 was created for first-class mobile recording in an array of jobs including live sound, house of worship and theatrical performance, plus by journalists in the field.
Sony PCM-D1 Linear PCM Recorder at a Glance:
- Analog level meters and LCD recorder status display
- Lightweight field recorder with built-in stereo mics
- Incredibly rugged titanium body and long battery life
- 4GB internal Flash memory plus USB connectivity
Lightweight field recorder with built-in stereo mics
The new Sony PCM-D1 recorder is lightweight and free of all drive mechanisms. It comes equipped with extraordinarily sensitive, built-in condenser microphones in an XY configuration so recording in the field is as simple as aiming and pressing a button. The PCM-D1 is designed with circuits that process stereo sound with virtually no extraneous noise.
4GB internal Flash memory plus USB connectivity
The Sony PCM-D1 has 4GB of internal Flash memory, supports 24-bit/96kHz recording, offers a built-in USB 2.0 port (Mac/Win), and includes removable Memory Stick Pro high-speed storage capabilities. The recorder offers WAV-file format capability.
Analog level meters and LCD recorder status display
The PCM-D1 has analog level meters with LED peak overload indicators, and an LCD display with recorder status indication and menu selection options. The signal processing functions include SBM, limiter, and a 200Hz highpass filter.
Incredibly rugged titanium body and long battery life
The remarkable body of the PCM-D1 recorder is fashioned from pure 1mm-thick pressed titanium that's several times harder than the aluminum found on other machines. The recorder is powered by four AA nickel metal hydride rechargeable batteries (batteries and charger are supplied). The PCM-D1's battery life during 96kHz operation is approximately 4 hours when using rechargeable AA batteries.
Sony PCM-D1 Linear PCM Recorder Features:
- 24-bit/96kHz field recorder with light weight and pro quality
- Built-in condenser microphones in XY configuration with low self-noise, high sensitivity and nearly 30kHz frequency response
- WAV recording file format capability
- Analog level meters with LED peak overload indicators
- LCD display with comprehensive recorder status indication and menu selection
- Four AA nickel metal hydride rechargeable batteries and charger (supplied) Battery life at 96kHz approximately 4.0 hours with rechargeable AA batteries
- Signal processing functions including SBM, limiter and 200Hz highpass filter
- Weight 18.5 ounces (with batteries)