WAYYY Powerful Keyboard Workstation... MAJOR Value!
Finally, you can get THAT KURZWEIL sound — complete with an insane amount of programmability — at an awesomely affordable price. That's the deal with the PC3LE6. It takes much of the technology from the head honcho PC3, including all of the PC3's INCREDIBLE sounds — that famous Kurzweil grand piano, sweet analog synths, orchestral and strings collections, vintage electric pianos, percussion and horns, drums, incredible basses... with over 1,050 programs in all this is a DREAM MACHINE for keyboard fiends. And the Category buttons make it easy to view and select the sounds you want. Hit "Leads" and all the synth leads are grouped together for easy auditioning/selecting. There are 20 categories in all — everything from Mallets to Guitars to Synth Bass. Ohhhh yeahhh.
And since we've shared a bit of the legacy here, we probably don't need to tell you how great this sounds are, but we will. Because these programs take advantage of Kurzweil's V.A.S.T. synthesis engine — it's a combination of precise sampling with a major attention to detail. Resonant harmonics of a piano's damper pedal? In here. The rosin of a bowed string instrument? Yep. The thumps and squeaks of an electromechanical keyboard? You bet... Kurzweil did their homework with this one, and the level of detail is unbelievable. Of course, there are also over 700 onboard effects for you to get creative with — world-class reverbs, warm phasers, amazing distortions... it's all here. And you can use real-time controllers (already assigned!) to bring them in on the fly.
The interactive user interface make sit super-easy to see how the parameters are assigned and to switch up your setups whenever you want. In fact, you can even move a controller and hit the "save button," so you don't have to deal with endless menus and whatnot. We're talking about one touch customization. And you can save your custom sounds to the user bank — it's got over 1,000 ID slots.
What else can we say? Kurzweil pulled out the stops with the PC3LE6. There are even 8 backlit, velocity-sensitive drum pads for those of you who don't dig on playing grooves on keys. Of course, you can also use 'em to trigger sounds, sequences, chords, arpeggiation... whatever goodness you can come up with! And speaking of creative goodness, feel free to use your PC3LE6 like a high-end workstation, because it is one. You've got a 16-track sequencer with POWERFUL editing features — event editing, swing, input quantize, input filter, etc. Very, very cool. And OF COURSE, the PC3LE6 works as a MIDI controller over USB or via its MIDI I/O/T setup.
If you're catching our drift, you're getting one thing: the Kurzweil PC3LE6 is bomb. And really, why wouldn't it be? Kurzweil has been listening to the demands of the most die-hard keyboard enthusiasts out there. You wanted it more affordable but still insanely packed with features. And now you get it. Ladies and gentleman, we suggest getting yours now, because the PC3LE6 is gonna take over. In a big way.
Kurzweil PC3LE6 61-key Workstation Features at a Glance:
- Keyboard: Fatar TP-8; 61-key semi-weighted action with velocity- and aftertouch-sensitive keys
- Display: 240 x 64 backlit LCD w/ dedicated back-panel contrast control
- Polyphony: 64-voice polyphony; dynamically allocated, lightning-fast performance
- Multitimbral: 16 parts (1 per MIDI channel)
- Architecture: PC3 sound engine, complete with anti-aliased VA oscillators and KB3 mode
- Important synth and effects parameters can be accessed and adjusted via the PC3LE6's front-panel knobs and buttons
- User settings can be captured and saved with a single button press; supports loading PC3 programs
- Factory presets: PC3 sound set, including Base ROM, Orchestral, Classic Keys, String Section, General MIDI set, and over 70 KB3 programs with total of over 800 programs
- Factory MIDI setups: 256 factory-programmed MIDI setups; up to 2,048 user-programmable MIDI setups, each with 16 independent zones, effects, and triggerable pattern-based "Riffs" and arpeggiator settings; dozens of user-editable patterns for both pitch and velocity
- General MIDI: Standard
- User memory: 2,048 locations for user-created preset programs, songs, and setups
- Sequencer: 16 tracks, 960-PPQ resolution; song-editing functions include both event and track-based tools, including quantize, swing, remap, controller scaling and more; controller chasing and quick "set song loop point" functions are also included
- Effects: 10 insert effects distributed over 10 buses, 1 auxiliary send; over 500 of our award-winning effects: reverbs, delays, chorus, flange, phaser, EQs, distortions, rotary speaker simulators, compressors, and more
- Controllers: Pitch wheel, modulation wheel, 5 front-panel knobs (15 virtual knobs with a 2-tiered shift button), 7 front-panel switches (momentary or toggle, software selectable), 2 switch-pedal inputs, 1 continuous control-pedal input and mono pressure. Controller values can be "captured" and stored as part of a program. In addition to all of these, the PCLE6 also features 8 backlit velocity-sensitive drum pads that can be used to trigger sounds, sequences, chords, and arpeggiations.
- Arpeggiator: 16 full-featured independent arpeggiators with multiple latch modes, selectable play order, velocity, duration, tempo, and sync functions, as well as pre-recorded beats and musical phrases
- Riffs: 16 simultaneous "Riff" generators (used for triggering MIDI-sequenced phrases, beats, or complete multitrack arrangements from notes on the keyboard and/or any onboard physical controller)
- Analog outputs: 2 ¼" balanced TRS analog (24-bit DACs)
- Headphones: 1 rear-panel ¼" headphone output
- Digital outputs: 24-bit, stereo S/PDIF at 48K (internal clock)
- MIDI: Input, output, throughput
- USB: Host port for connecting a USB thumb drive and a device port that allows the PC3LE6 to load and save data directly to and from a computer, perform OS updates, and send/receive MIDI over USB
- FREE OS updates: Flash ROM upgradable via USB or thumb drive