Rock Out with This Strung Out Bass!Right from the imagination of Strung Out's phenomenal bassist, the Squier Chris Aiken Precision Bass delivers the style and sound of California's revolutionary punk rock scene. Mixing equal parts vintage with outlandish, the Chris Aiken Precision Bass manages to be both classy and a little bit rude. The pearloid block inlays in its maple fretboard conjure up images of the odd '70s model you might hope to stumble upon in a pawnshop, whereas the mirrored acrylic pickguard is nothing if not futuristic. Other subtle touches are the Strung Out Astrolux symbol on the headstock and Chris Akin's signature on the back.
At the same time, Aiken's P Bass tweaks are more than superficial. With a single Duncan Designed PB-105 split single-coil pickup wired to minimalist circuitry consisting of a single volume knob, you can be sure the tone you'll get from your Chris Aiken Precision Bass will be clear, dynamic, and extremely expressive. You'll also get amazing sustain from this bass, thanks to its HiMass 4-saddle brass barrel bridge and tailpiece. This combination of clarty, sustain, and impressive thump make the Squier Chris Aiken Precision Bass a particularly good choice if you tend to play up-tempo or use a pick, but you'll get great results from it, no matter what style you prefer.
Squier Chris Aiken Precision Bass Features at a Glance:
- The signature instrument of one of the most influential bass players in punk rock history
- An impressive combination of retro style and modern tone
- A maple neck with vintage pearloid block inlays and an Olympic White finish with an acrylic mirror pickguard give this P Bass its signature look
- Other signature cosmetics include the Strung Out Astrolux logo on the headstock and Chris Aiken's signature on the back
- Duncan Designed PB-105 split pickup delivers clear, open, and dynamic passive single-coil sound
- Minimal circuitry (volume knob only) keeps your signal as pure as possible
- HiMass bridge with 4 x brass saddles provides rock-solid intonation and sustain