Seriously Road-ready P-Bass!When you're serious about holding down the bottom end, you need a bass that's built to take on the job and stick with you. That's what makes Fender's American Standard Precision Bass such a perfect companion - whether you're onstage or in the studio. You want rock-solid reliability, right? Check out this bass's graphite-reinforced maple neck (with a rosewood fingerboard). The Alnico V split single-coil pickup gives you the tone you love, while the top-notch hardware keeps you in stable tune no matter how hard you rock. Play a legend!
The bass that changed music! Did you know that Leo Fender (yes, that Leo Fender) unleashed the Precision Bass on the world way back in 1951? Yep, and the world hasn't been the same since. The really cool thing about the P-Bass is how Fender got it right the first time... the superbly balanced body, the split single-coil pickup, the fast and easy playing maple neck, and the elegantly simple (and rock-solid) hardware combine to give you the perfect package of tone, playability, and legendary looks. Don't settle for less!
The list of iconic Precision Bass players is absolutely staggering, but suffice it to say that if this bass was/is the tonal tool of choice for the likes ofJames Jamerson, John Entwistle, Carol Kaye, Kim Deal, Roger Waters, Bernard Edwards, and John Paul Jones, then you know you're gonna love it - no matter what style (or styles) you play.
Fender American Standard Precision Bass Features at a Glance:
- Color: Black
- Body: Alder
- Finish: Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 9-1/2" radius
- No. of frets: 20, medium jumbo
- Scale length: 34"
- Nut: Micarta
- Nut width: 1.625"
- Hardware: Chrome
- Machine heads: Fender Special Design Hipshot-made, lightweight vintage-style tuning machines
- Bridge: (HMV) High Mass Vintage bridge
- Pickguard: 4-ply
- Pickups: One Alnico V split single-coil
- Controls: Master volume, master tone
- String gauges: .045, .065, .085, .110TW
- Case: Molded Fender/SKB case with TSA, glass-reinforced nylon trigger latches, and plush interior
- Accessories: Cable, strap, polish cloth, all necessary wrenches (including T-handle truss-rod wrench)