Do It All, with This Amazing Precision Bass!Want a P-Bass with MORE? You got it! Fender's American Deluxe Precision Bass gives you everything you love about the Precision plus more. Check out that additional bridge pickup. Dig the active electronics (including a tone-molding 3-band EQ). You can even switch between passive and active modes, so this bass can play like a standard P-Bass or like the sonic shape-shifting beast it's capable of becoming. Add that classic Precision feel and rock-solid componentry and you're looking at a bass that does it all!
The bass that changed music! Did you know that Leo Fender (yes, that Leo Fender) unleashed the Precision Bass on the world way back in 1951? Yep, and the world hasn't been the same since. The really cool thing about the P-Bass is how Fender got it right the first time... the superbly balanced body, the split single-coil pickup (and, in this case, the additional bridge pickup), the fast and easy playing maple neck, and the elegantly simple (and rock-solid) hardware combine to give you the perfect package of tone, playability, and legendary looks. Don't settle for less!
The list of iconic Precision Bass players is absolutely staggering, but suffice it to say that if this bass was/is the tonal tool of choice for the likes ofJames Jamerson, John Entwistle, Carol Kaye, Kim Deal, Roger Waters, Bernard Edwards, and John Paul Jones, then you know you're gonna love it - no matter what style (or styles) you play.
Fender American Deluxe Precision Bass Features at a Glance:
- Color: Wine Transparent
- Body: Ash
- Neck: Modern "C" shape, maple with tinted polyurethane finish and Posiflex graphite support rods
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, with a 9.5" compound radius and dot inlays
- Frets: 21 medium jumbo
- Scale length: 34"
- Nut width: 1.625"
- Hardware: Chrome
- Tuning keys: Fender lightweight vintage-style tuners
- Bridge: High Mass Vintage (HMV) bridge
- Pickguard: 3-ply black/white/black
- Bridge pickup: N3 Noiseless pickup
- Neck pickup: Deluxe split-coil Precision Bass
- Pickup switching: Pan pot/blend control
- Controls: Master volume, pan pot (pickup selector), treble, midrange, bass, and active/passive toggle
- Strings: Fender NPS .045-.105
- Included accessories: High-tech molded SKB case with TSA locks
NOTE: This product is available in the United States only - no international sales.