The Iconic '58 Precision, in All Its GloryFender's American Vintage '58 Precision Bass is a stunning recreation of an icon. In 1957, Fender gave its groundbreaking electric bass its second big design overhaul, effectively creating the legendary axe as we know it today. For the American Vintage Series, Fender studied prime examples of the original instruments, and then set about painstakingly recreating them right down to the finest detail. They even restored original tooling dies, voiced new pickups, reformulated vintage colors, and more, to ensure precise vintage specs. With its thick, C-shaped maple neck, gold anodized aluminum pickguard, and a fat-sounding split single-coil pickup, Fender's American Vintage '58 Precision Bass lives up to the legend.
Fender American Vintage '58 Precision Bass Features at a Glance:
- 34" scale length; comfortable contoured body
- Large "C" profile 1-piece maple neck; nut width: 1.735"
- 7.25"-radius maple fingerboard with 20 vintage-style frets
- Vintage-style heel-adjust truss rod
- American Vintage split single-coil '58 Precision Bass pickup with chrome cover
- American Vintage Bass bridge with threaded-steel barrel saddles and chrome cover
- American Vintage reverse open-gear tuning machines
- Lower-Mounted finger rest
NOTE: This product is available in the United States only - no international sales.