Big Reverbs with Awesome TailsJust so you know... You need an iLok 2 to use this.
The Oxford Reverb plug-in is a highly flexible stereo reverberation generator, designed to complement existing Sonnox Oxford jobs in providing the user with the highest technical and sonic performance coupled with artistic and creative facility. Plus providing stunning presets, the user has full control over all of its many parameters, including a totally comprehensive early reflections section, and integrated 5-band EQ. The Sonnox Oxford Reverb allows the rocking facility to make virtual spaces freely, depending on artistic need, ranging from dry reflection ambiences, room and hall simulations, sound effects, all the way to wide open reverberant spaces with a totally large range of possible texture and spatial character.
Sonnox Oxford EQ Native at a Glance:
Combining reverb modeling with an unprecedented level of control, the concept behind the Sony Oxford Reverb is to provide the users with the highest technical and sonic performance coupled with artistic and creative facility. Plus providing stunning presets, the Oxford Reverb allows full control over its many parameters, including a a totally comprehensive reflections section and integrated 5-band EQ. The Oxford Reverb allows the tough facility to make virtual spaces freely depending on artistic need, ranging from dry reflection ambiences, room and hall simulations, sound effects, all the way to wide open reverberant spaces with a completely large range of possible texture and spacial character.
The sonic quality is stunning. We've never heard a plug-in based on artificial reverb techniques that sounds as natural as the Sony Oxford Reverb. It sports impression of sitting in the room, being able to touch the walls of wood or stone.
Sony Oxford Reverb Native Features:
- Real-time continuous control of virtually all parameters.
- Dual independent paths for both early reflections and reverb tail function.
- Each reverb path can be used indepnedently or in combination.
- Fully controllable 5-band parametric EQ incorporated into the reverb.
Early Refections Section includes:
- Control of 4 virtual room shapes, all with continuously fully adjustable sizes.
- Placement of listening position.
- Control of stereo separation of room relections.
- Control of loudness of reflections in relation to path lengths.
- Variable re-injection of distributed sound within simulated space, controlling refelction density.
- Control of overall feedback where reflected signals are re-circulated.
- Feedback phase control to set relected diffusion characteristics.
- Variable absorption control, which sets the equivilent hardness/softness of the room space.
Reverb Tail section includes:
- Variable delay compensation to set the timing of the start of the reverb tail using the dry signal. (Can be fixed in track mode.)
- Reverb tail source cross-fade mix between in signal and early reflections signal.
- Final reverb tail source cross-fade mixbetween compensated dry signal and uncompensated dry/early reflections mix.
- Reverb time control.
- Delay size control, which is independent of reverb time, sets the build-up and density of the reverb tail.
- Dispersion control, which sets the build-up rate, character, and sonic texture over time.
- Phase difference control, which works in conjuction with dispersion in order to set the build-up of phase differences between left and right.
- Phase modulation to add time releated variance to the reverb character.
- Variable absorption control, which sets the equivalent hardness/softness of the room space.
- Diversity function that sports fron center weighting to the reverb tail.
- High pass filter on the in and separate 'absorption' controls for each path.
- Over 100 realistic, useful presets divided into sub-catagorized folders.