A Limiter for the Common DAWJust so you know... You need an iLok to use this.
Sonnox has won over many a "golden ear" that previously maintained you could "hear digital." Now Sonnox has added the new Oxford Limiter to their list of stellar plug-ins. The good news is, Oxford Limiter is available for native systems! Whether your goal is transparent level control, loudness maximization, or artistic effect, the Oxford Limiter's performance is outstanding.
Sonnox Oxford Limiter Native plug-in at a Glance:
- Enhance function adds perceived volume and punch
- Premium-quality look-ahead limiting for accuracy
- Max possible levels without artifacts
- Dithering with selectable noise shaping
- Comprehensive metering helps avoid damaging reconstruction overloads
Premium-quality look-ahead limiting for accuracy
The Sonnox Oxford Limiter has been developed from decades of pro audio experience to provide a totally high degree of quality and facility in program limiting functions. By employing highly accurate logarithmic sidechain processing, plus innovative adaptive timing functionality using look-ahead signal acquisition, the Oxford Limiter has exemplary performance, whether seeking general transparent level control, program loudness maximization or heavily applied artistic sound effects.
Enhance function adds perceived volume and punch
The Oxford Limiter offers more processing in the form of its one-of-a-kind Enhance function, which allows unprecedented volume and punch to be applied to your program beyond that available from conventional limiting functions, without incurring the risk of producing either peak sample overloads or reconstructed errors in end-user toys.
The Sonnox Oxford Limiter features comprehensive metering that displays not only conventional peak sample value, but additionally lets you monitor the true validity of the program in order to avoid the generation of damaging reconstruction overloads in the target gear which are often invisible during production (sometimes termed "inter sample peaks").
Max possible levels without artifacts
A further function of the Oxford Limiter lets you dynamically correct for reconstruction overloads in genuine time, thereby achieving max possible modulation levels without the risks of producing illegal signals often associated with compression and limiting.
Dithering with selectable noise shaping
The Sonnox Oxford Limiter's comprehensive dithering functionality with selectable and variable depth noise shaping ensures first class mastering out quality in either 24-bit or 16-bit modes.
Sonnox Oxford Limiter Native Features:
- One-of-a-kind Enhance section - offers sample value limiting and enhances perceived loudness
- Ability to add harmonic distortion, where artistic style requires
- Variable soft knee control
- Attack and Release controls
- Reconstruction Meter shows 'actual' signal rather than sampled signal
- Auto compensate feature - corrects recon errors without losing overall programme loudness
- 16 and 24 bit dithering with 5 selectable types
- User has control over variable depth noise shaping
- 16 presets - some quite extreme!