Expensive Sound at Bargain-basement PricesJust so you know... This product requires iLok authorization.
Originally designed by the same team that designed the SSL E series mixers, the Sony Oxford OXF-R3 console is highly regarded as one of the best sounding mixers ever made. The Sony Oxford Dynamics plug-in was designed by the same team of sonically obsessed perfectionists. The Oxford Dynamics plug-ins are based on the same processing used in the Sony OXF-R3. There are three compressor models including linear, normal, and classic styles of compression. The console was a legend in its own time, and the Oxford Dynamics brings a legend to your DAW!
Sonnox Oxford Dynamics Native at a Glance:
- Four separate applications
The Oxford Dynamics plug-in is modeled on the extremely flexible and capable unit used in the OXF-R3 pro mixing console. Resulting from many years research into pro dynamics jobs, it offers separate Compress, Limit, Expand, Gate, and side chain EQ functions, with full independent control of all parameters. Features such as selectable time constant curves and variable soft compress functions allow the user to confidently tackle all common uses of compression, from subtle unobtrusive level control and mastering functions to the production of awesome artistic effects. The use of a feed-forward architecture with logarithmic side chain processing, making use of look-ahead techniques, ensures exemplary sonic characteristics and dynamic accuracy, with an artistic capability simply unavailable from other single units, analogue or digital. This highly sophisticated and pro product has the power and flexibility to obviate the need for many of the separate jobs most users keep for specific uses.
Four separate applications
The Dynamics section comprises of four separate jobs, Compressor, Limiter, Gate and Expander. Although these jobs contain several control types that have common functions, the operation, ranges and laws of these controls have been optimized carefully for max flexibility within the intended specific use of that section. The totally wide control ranges offered within the jobs are accommodated in the GUI using specific control laws that encourage experimentation over a totally wide parameter set without the loss of finer control sensitivity and detail. Careful consideration has also been given to the dynamic behavior of the time constants, as this factor is largely responsible for the sonic character of the dynamics application.
Sony Oxford Dynamics Native Features:
- Channel Dynamics with separately controlled sections for Compressor, Limiter, Gate and Expander.
- Channel Dynamics includes fully featured 2 Band side chain EQ which can also be used in signal path.
- Separate Bus Compressor/Limiter with surround multi-format support and selectable Sub channel filtering and gain contribution control.
- Selectable linear and exponential time constant curves.
- Highly accurate logarithmic side chain processing.
- Fully variable soft ratio function for extreme program tolerance and highly musical compression.
- Variable harmonic enhancement for extra loudness, presence and 'punch'.
- Selectable re-dithering function for word length reduction in mastering situations.
- Extremely low signal path noise and distortion, below -130dBr.
- All functions are fully automated.