Mixer? Yes. FireWire Interface? Yes. Awesome? Yes!Analog mixer magic, with FireWire built-in! You want that classic control you get from an analog mixer, and Mackie's Onyx 820i delivers the goods. But, you also dig modern, computer-based recording. So, Mackie equipped this 8-channel beaut with an onboard FireWire interface. The result? The mixer you need, the convenient digital connectivity you want, and a totally cool package that's portable enough for both studio and live work! Plus, you can't go wrong at this amazing price. Mackie makes great stuff, and you'll love using the Onyx 820i for years to come.
If great-sounding preamps are a must (and they should be), you'll be well-served by this mixer. Mackie packed it with four boutique-quality Onyx preamps, so your mics will sound amazing in the club or in your studio. Each mic/line channel has a quality Perkins 3-band EQ, complete with sweepable mids. Great sound, great sound-shaping!
The digital part of this dual-duty mixer is top-notch too. You get a built-in 24-bit/96kHz FireWire audio interface that works with all popular DAWs. You can send individual channels, master left and right channels, or aux sends to your computer for easy and clean recording. You also get cool monitoring options as well. This mixer is the real deal, and it strikes the perfect balance between analog and digital worlds. Dig it!
Mackie Onyx 820i FireWire Mixer Features at a Glance:
- 8-channel premium analog mixer with integrated 24-bit/96kHz FireWire I/O
- Qualified by Mackie for use with all major DAWs
- 3 Onyx boutique-quality mic preamps
- 3-band Perkins EQ with sweepable mids on mic/line channels
- 3-band Perkins EQ on stereo line channels
- Hybrid mono/stereo channel with 4-band Perkins EQ with sweepable mids
- Flexible FireWire routing, including aux sends and pre/post EQ assignment for all channels
- Stereo playback from DAW, returned to control room or into channel for integration into mix
- Built-in DI on first two channels for direct connection of guitars, bass, etc.
- Individual 48V phantom power switches on all mic inputs
- Talkback section with built in mic and flexible routing
- "Planet Earth" switching power supply for worldwide use
- Note: Drivers do not support Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite