Mixer? Yes. FireWire Interface? Yes. Awesome? Yes!
If great-sounding preamps are a must (and they should be), you'll be well-served by this mixer. Mackie packed it with four boutique-quality Onyx preamps, so your mics will sound amazing in the club or in your studio. Each mic/line channel has a quality Perkins 4-band EQ, complete with sweepable mids. Great sound, great sound-shaping!
The digital part of this dual-duty mixer is top-notch too. You get a built-in 24-bit/96kHz FireWire audio interface that works with all popular DAWs. You can send individual channels, master left and right channels, or aux sends to your computer for easy and clean recording. You also get cool monitoring options as well. This mixer is the real deal, and it strikes the perfect balance between analog and digital worlds. Dig it!
Mackie Onyx 1640i FireWire Mixer Features at a Glance:
- 16-channel premium analog mixer with integrated 24-bit/96kHz FireWire I/O
- Qualified by Mackie for use with all major DAWs
- 16 Onyx boutique-quality mic preamps
- 4-band Perkins EQ with sweepable mids on mic/line channels
- Full 16 x 16 FireWire channel streaming for ultimate DAW integration
- Flexible FireWire routing, including aux sends, groups and pre/post EQ assignment for all channels
- 6 aux sends with pre/post assignment and solo
- Smooth 60mm channel and master faders
- Built-in DI on first 2 channels for direct connection of guitars, bass, etc
- Individual 48V phantom power switches on all mic inputs
- 4-segment metering on every channel
- 4-bus architecture for flexible sub-grouping of channels
- Talkback section for use with internal or external mic
- Rotating I/O pod for desktop or rackmount operation - rack ears included
- "Planet Earth" switching power supply for worldwide use