Mixer? Yes. FireWire Interface? Yes. Awesome? Yes!
If great-sounding preamps are a must (and they should be), you'll be well-served by this mixer. Mackie packed it with four boutique-quality Onyx preamps, so your mics will sound amazing in the club or in your studio. Each mic/line channel has a quality Perkins 3-band EQ, complete with sweepable mids. Great sound, great sound-shaping!
The digital part of this dual-duty mixer is top-notch too. You get a built-in 24-bit/96kHz FireWire audio interface that works with all popular DAWs. You can send individual channels, master left and right channels, or aux sends to your computer for easy and clean recording. You also get cool monitoring options as well. This mixer is the real deal, and it strikes the perfect balance between analog and digital worlds. Dig it!
Mackie Onyx 1220i FireWire Mixer Features at a Glance:
- 12-channel premium analog mixer with integrated 24-bit/96kHz FireWire I/O
- Qualified by Mackie for use with all major DAWs
- Four Onyx boutique-quality mic preamps
- 3-band Perkins EQ with sweepable mids on mic/line channels
- 3-band Perkins EQ on stereo line channels
- Hybrid mono/stereo channel with 4-band Perkins EQ with sweepable mids
- Flexible FireWire routing, including aux sends and pre/post EQ assignment for all channels
- Stereo playback from DAW, returned to control room or into channel for integration into mix
- 2 aux sends with pre/post assignment
- Smooth 60mm channel and master faders
- Built-in DI on first two channels for direct connection of guitars, bass, etc.
- Individual 48V phantom power switches on all mic inputs
- Talkback section with built in mic and flexible routing
- "Planet Earth" switching power supply for worldwide use