Eight Freakishly Great Preamps and Compressors!Your recording rig just got a lot healthier! Plug into PreSonus's Octopre MkII Dynamic and you don't just get an awesomely clean and clear signal; you get compression on each of its eight inputs! That's right — each channel has both a gain knob and a compression knob, so you can dial in your sound even before it gets to your interface! And, speaking of interfaces, the Octopre MkII Dynamic can pipe its eight channels into your interface via ADAT! Now, you can record the whole band at once, with primo sound quality.
If you use different types of mics, you know how important it is to have enough gain at hand. That's exactly what you get from the Octopre MkII Dynamic. Condensers, dynamics, even ribbons work with this baby. And, when you dial in the compression, you'll be happy to find that it's the useful kind — not the bug-squashing variety. This compression lets you tame transient spikes and shape your dynamics, so your audio is DAW-friendly. After all, it's called "compression," not "oppression!"
You want flexibility? If your rig travels, or if you just want maximum versatility in your studio, then the Octopre MkII Dynamic has the I/O you need for just about any setup. In addition to it's ADAT output, you get eight analog outputs and word clock I/O. And, all the inputs and outputs are on the rear panel, so you keep your setup nice and clean. If you want to sound like a pro, then you have to track like a pro. Bottom line? You need this preamp!
Focusrite Octopre MkII Dynamic 8-channel Preamp with ADAT Features at a Glance:
- 8-channel preamplifier and AD/DA converter
- ADAT output, so you can add eight channels to your current audio interface
- Eight built-in "single-dial" Focusrite compressors with soft-knee design
- Built-in 8-channel 24-bit/96kHz ADAT I/O
- Eight analog outputs for monitoring the digital or analog inputs
- Switchable phantom power in groups: channels 1-4 and 5-8
- Word clock I/O with industry-standard JetPLL jitter-elimination technology
- Internal clocking, master clocking, and external clocking via BNC or ADAT
- 5-input LED metering on every channel
- Capable of 24-bit resolution and 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96kHz sampling rates