Great Tuner for the Orchestra/Band!The Korg OT-120 chromatic meter-type tuner specifically addresses the needs of the orchestral musician. The OT-120 also includes those "nice touches" born of actual experience in the orchestra pit with features such as a durable, soft case with belt clip to you put your tuner where it will be easily accessible, instead of sitting in your case or on the floor. TH OT-120 also includes a tilt-back stand. Built-in. The angle is ideally suited for playing while standing so the tune is visible. The Korg OT-120 also incorporates a louder speaker in its space-saving new design that makes it simple to hear and hold, while providing better viewing angles. Another component of the OT-120's new casing is a sleek aluminum panel, offering killer looks and more durability for years of reliable travel and use. One last important physical feature before we discuss the functional side of the OT-120, is the placement of the in and out jacks on opposite sides of the OT-120 fir better balance on desktop, amp, instrument case, music stand etc.
As far as pitch detection and multiple tunings are concerned, the Korg OT-120 has a full 8 octave (A0 - C8) detection range that supports band and orchestra instruments, plus it also offers multiple temperaments for classical and ethnic instruments. Another awesome feature is its Sound Back (Patented: Patent pending) mode, which plays a reference pitch for the note that's closest to the input pitch. The meter indicates the discrepancy between the input and the correct pitch - incredible for training the ear to recognize pitch. With even more musically useful and orchestral-musician-friendly features, you have the ultimate value-packed tuner for the orchestral/band musician in the Korg OT-120
Korg OT-120 Features:
- Chromatic tuner with a wide 8-octave (A0 - C8) detection range that supports band and orchestra instruments - amazing for pianos or any other instrument that requires a large detection range
- Scales: 12 equal tempered, Pythagorean, Mean tone E flat/D sharp, Werckmeister III, Kirnberger III, Kellner, Vallotti, Young
- Energy-saving design for long battery life (approximately 100 hours)
- Transpose mode is useful for wind instruments.
- Go with from three levels of needle response speed (slow, medium and fast).
- Built-in microphone supports acoustic instruments.
- Sound Back (Patented: Patent pending) mode plays a reference pitch for the note that's closest to the input pitch. The meter indicates the discrepancy between the input and the correct pitch.
- VU style meter
- 5-octave reference tone lets you play back pitches over a 5 octave range for tuning, or practicing pitch correction with vocals or wind instruments
- Slow, Medium and Fast needle movement, ideal for tuning multiple instruments with different attacks.
- Durable soft case included
- Built-in reference tone plays in a five octave range.
- Multiple temperaments for classical and ethnic instruments
- Broad range of calibration (349 Hz--499 Hz) based on a standard pitch of A=440
- Wish you could tune your xylophone to Kirnberger III? Now you can plus 7 other temperaments.
- Tuning accuracy within +/- 1 cent: Only extremely expensive strobe tuners are a little more accurate than this!
- Multiple Temperaments support historical tunings.
- Both auto and manual tuning modes are provided.
- Dual display offers both a needle-type meter and an LCD for excellent visibility.