The Right Clock for Serious Video!
Antelope Audio Isochrone OCX-V at a Glance:
- Atomic clock in resolves to Rubidium clock for perfect stability.
- Lots of format conversion features
- Brain-dead simple and direct user-friendly interface
- Support for 20 HDTV formats, NTSC and PAL.
- Oven Controlled Descrete Transistor Crystal Oscillator for lowest jitter.
- Jitter Management Module improves sonic performance.
The core of any master clock is the Crystal Oscillator, and clock performance is impacted greatly by the type of Oscillator used. While other master clocks cut corners with their Oscillators, Antelope chose the best. The Oven Controlled Discrete Transistor Crystal Oscillator is without question the most stable, jitter free in existence. Before the Isochrone OCX-V, these oscillators were found only in aerospace and telecommunication hardware designed for critical operations.
The OCX-V is the only master clock to address jitter at the source. Its Oven Controlled Discrete Transistor Oscillator offers 4X-6X less jitter and 100X greater stability than its closest competitor.
Oscillator accuracy is compromised when exposed to temperature fluctuations. The Isochrone OCX-V addresses this completely with oven control. The oven's temperature controlled environment allows unparalleled oscillator stability.
Other master clocks use standard crystal oscillators which don't account for temperature at all, and quality suffers as a result. The indispensable benefits of oven control are found only with Isochrone Clocks.
Antelope's Jitter Management Module
Jitter free operation is critical in the modern studio. Antelope's Jitter Management Module makes jitter essentially nonexistent. Adaptive Loop Filtering is taken to the next level with a sophisticated DSP Based Multistage IIR filter, ensuring a jitter free, sweet sounding studio.
Connecting a device to the OCX-V will make it sound noticeably better. This is achieved with Antelope's exclusive Acoustically Focused Clocking technology (AFC). AFC is the 3rd generation of DDS, a technology introduced over ten years ago by Isochrone engineer Igor Levin with his ground breaking Aardsync master clock. The AardSync was immediately recognized as the industry's best sounding clock. It's successor, the AardSyncII, provided even greater sonic benefits with its 2nd generation DDS technology. This legacy of amazing sound continues to evolve with AFC. AFC was designed to provide far more than impressive specs, Cutting-edge engineering combined with exhaustive listening tests culminated in AFC's extraordinary sound.
The Isochrone OCX-V can be locked to the most accurate clock on Earth: the Atomic clock. A studio can truly achieve perfect stability with the power of Atomic Clock, and the OCX is the the only Master Clock capable of locking to this unprecedented technology.
Peace of Mind
Clocking is a critical task, and should never be complex. With straightforward controls dedicated to specific jobs, warning lights for critical errors, and a highly visible, accurate frequency display, the OCX's operating status is apparent with a momentary glance.
Comprehensive Video Support
No master clock even approaches the OCX-V's comprehensive video support. The rapid proliferation of HDTV will soon render most video enabled master clocks obsolete, but the OCX-V's groundbreaking HD functionality guarantees its relevance for many years to come. A staggering 20 HDTV formats are accommodated, alongside thorough NTSC and PAL support. International pull up/down standards are supported as well, ensuring worldwide compatibility. An all-purpose video sync generator offers ultra-precise reference clock for external devices.
Next Generation Gearboxing
The OCX-V stands ahead of the pack with its lots of format conversion features. Outgoing clock is not required to match the incoming reference frequency. By phase locking to the incoming signal, all outgoing clock is still perfectly aligned with the rest of the studio. Video is capable of slaving to audio clock, providing unheard of accuracy.
Antelope Audio Isochrone OCX-V Features:
- Ultra low jitter, oven controlled crystal oscillator, accurate to 1PPM.
- Jitter Management Module for better sonic performance.
- Atomic Clock input resolves to Rubidium clock for ultimate stability.
- DA mode cleanly regenerates the incoming reference prior to distribution.
- The device locks to audio, video, HDTV and atomic clock references.
- Built-in Video Generator supports PAL, NTSC and even NTSC 60.
- One-of-a-kind ability to lock Video Generator to audio eliminates video-induced jitter.
- Full audio and video gearboxing with simultaneous 0.1 and 4% pull up/downs.
- Flywheeling protects the studio from clock dropouts.
- Lots of frequency and cable termination diagnostics.