The Easy Way to Get Killer Vocals!
Let's take a closer look a Nectar Elements's workflow. To start off with, you've got a level section with your gain controls and a streamlined space section for adding dimension to your vocal tracks. Additional essential processors include a de-esser, a gate, and even an automatic pitch-correction processor. What's more, there's an excellent 5-band parametric EQ onboard, complete with real-time monitoring.
But before you even start tweaking any of these settings, you begin by selecting a general vocal style. After all, you're not going to treat pop vocals the same as metal vocals, right? When you select your vocal style, not only does Nectar Elements reconfigure a ton of its hidden parameters, it also gives you a couple of character specific parameters to play with. These are things like sparkle, strength, clarity, and warmth - you know, stuff that's way more descriptive than "boosting 350-750Hz" or some such engineer jargon. So if you're more of a musician than a mix engineer, polishing your vocals with iZotope's Nectar Elements plug-in is a pretty safe move for you.
iZotope Nectar Elements Vocal-processing Plug-in Features at a Glance:
- A streamlined and highly effective vocal processing plug-in that lets you achieve pro-studio effects
- Simple parameter controls let you quickly dial in the idea vocal sound
- Preset styles reconfigure behind-the-scenes processors to instantly create recognizable vocal sounds
- Amazing onboard reverb and delay algorithms let you add depth and space to your vocals
- Style-dependent character parameters provide you with simple control over dramatic effects
- Essential processors such as a de-esser and a gate let you remove unwanted noise
- Powerful automatic pitch correction lets you go from mild correction to hard tuning
- Onboard 5-band parametric equalizer ensures that your vocals will sit right in the mix
- Includes VST, AU, RTAS, AAX, and DirectX plug-in formats