Educate Yourself!Successful songwriters know that to really make it in today's music business, you have to get your music published. Eric Beall, Vice President, Creative at Sony/ATV Music, helps songwriters traverse the intricate maze, pitfalls, and obstacles surrounding music publishing in MAKING MUSIC MAKE MONEY: An Insider's Guide to Becoming Your Own Music Publisher.
"First, most songwriters need to realize that they already have a music publisher: themselves," writes Beall. "The problem is that most writers either don't realize that they are already music publishers, or don't understand how to effectively act as their own publisher."
MAKING MUSIC MAKE MONEY will empower songwriters to take charge of their own careers. It offers an insider's view of the music publishing business, and offers some practical and up-to-the-minute tips to help writers make a living doing what they do best: writing songs.
Making Music Make Money: An Insider's Guide to Becoming Your Own Music Publisher by Eric Beall
Making Music Make Money Will Help You to Learn:
- Understanding the copyright: how to get one, use one, and make money from one
- Protecting yourself from copyright infringement
- The role of the music publisher
- Identifying which songs to sell, who to sell them to, and then how to ensure that you get paid
- Building a business plan and setting up shop